Cheers you up

JustStuit

What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling down?
Limericks!

There once was a guy named JustStuit

whose outlook on life was, "Oh, screw it!"

But compared to a few,

this guy had a clue,

and that was what helped him get through it!

I have some songs that put me in a good mood (I listen and sing along at the top of my lungs, sometimes I even bust a dance! (It looks pretty bad, but it's fun))... otherwise, a good long walk sometimes helps (and if you feel up for it, jog or run instead!). Excersise actually can remove depression/anger.

Otherwise, with me personally (although I don't know anyone this is true for), Strawberry Ice Cream does the trick! Some people it's chocolate...

Basically, do something you like, and enjoy it!

Exersize makes you feel much better about yourself. Invest in a weight kit.

Socialize

Play a game

Watch comedy or TV

If you're tired or stressed, meditate.

Do something outside. Ski/Snowboard (whichever you do). Mountain Biking...

Help the pigmies in new guiny.

cry like a sissy girl.. lol. j/k.

But sometimes just thinking abt it.. it makes it worse but for me .. after sometime i just dont have anything to think abt that so i get better.

and yes sometimes cryin does help.

OTherwise i just go to sleep listening to the music i like. and when i wake up im all good.

meditate, masturbate (sorry if that seems inapropriate... i think its a legitimate stress reliever), excercise, kill digital representations of people.

Exersize makes you feel much better about yourself. Invest in a weight kit.

Socialize

Play a game

Watch comedy or TV

If you're tired or stressed' date=' meditate.

Do something outside. Ski/Snowboard (whichever you do). Mountain Biking...

Help the pigmies in new guiny.[/quote']

What about for the people who don't get any relief from masturbation, tv, comedy, exercise, or video games. Not everyone gets satisfaction from common pleasures.

What about for the people who don't get any relief from masturbation, tv, comedy, exercise, or video games. Not everyone gets satisfaction from common pleasures.

are you sure?

id be willing to bet that everyone gets relief from at least the masturbation and the exercise, based on biology alone. and if not the masturbation, definately the exercise, because of endorphens or however thats spelled.

are you sure?

id be willing to bet that everyone gets relief from at least the masturbation and the exercise' date=' based on biology alone. and if not the masturbation, definately the exercise, because of endorphens or however thats spelled.[/quote']

Biology also leaks into other areas, such as psychology. When you think that something really isn't helping, then it probably isn't. Masturbation for some isn't the best activity to engage in, depending on how their religion/culture views self-gratification. Exercise does release all those pleasure drugs, and some get "runner's high," but first you'd had to get out and do it, and do it long enough.

Socializing and meditating are not "common pleasures" like video games.

Socializing is a common pleasure, it has speciality: what and who you like to socialize with. Meditation is also common, it depends on what an individual considers meditation. Playing video games, maturbating, or even time alone can be called meditation.

And being outside, especially in the sun, is beneficial to people with depression.

This is not true for everybody.

Now now, there's nothing wrong with feeding the ducks on occassion...or as I like to put it, 'a gentlemans way to relax.'

Drink or drugs can go either way if your using them to purely cheer yourself up...it can make you feel ten times worse.

Justsuit, all I can suggest is that things could be a lot worse...imagine if your held captive, waking up everyday not knowing if you'll be fed, tortured or murdered and have no clue how long you'll be held captive, and when or if you'll see your friends and family again...really try and think what that would feel like.

Now look around and see how lucky you are, you're young, you live in a rich country, you're intelligent so you have lots of prospects, and you have friends and family (I presume) - and you have friends here (from all over the globe.)

I know it's a crappy time when you're a teenager, I used to get sick of people saying 'cheer up' they're the best years of your life...wrong, I'm happier now than ever, and I know plenty of people that say the same. That doesn't mean you have an excuse to be down, but feel happy that for whatever reason you're p*ssed off, it'll pass.