Psp

EverCurious

The playstation Portable is like a small laptop, with a 333 MHz processor and 4MB of DRAM, its not exactly a monster, but its nothing a little overclocking can't fix. :D. That was the question in main, I was wondering if you could actually overclock the system. And while I have the time, might as well ask about an operating system similar to windows, or mac that enables the user to type up word documents, the possibilities are endless, with its WLAN, you could hack systems. The portable gaming device has so much potential...from hacking weaponry to office works...I was wondering what the forum thought about this, and if anyone knows about any projects going on around the PSP.

One of the principle reasons of overclocking is to improve the graphics when playing a game, a console based system (ie PSP, Xbox etc) would gain little or no benefit from overclocking as the software would not take advantage of the extra overclock unlike a PC game can and does.

Hacking a PSP is a different matter there is already homebrew software out there and it is only a matter of time before someone comes up with a way to bypass the UMD disc system and load games direct from a memory card. Also the memory card port has been 'hacked' already to allow the use of different types of memory stick such a flash drives etc