Getting rid of time once and for all

ed84c

Well im not a university grad, and hence my knowlege of the subject is far far below yours. However I have read (from more than one reliable source) that entropy is the only time required concept in the universe.

Howevre would you like to expand on what you mentioned; in laymans terms of course :P

and the time evolutions opreators?

It allows one to take some state defined at some particular time and find the state at a further point in time. So one can remove time dependance, which can then be replaced by evolution operators, and makes things a bit easier in places.

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment of the big Bang, entropy was negative.

If most of the material that falls into a septillion-year old black hole is very weak radio wave background radiation, and it explodes into say gamma rays, that would be a reversal of entropy, too.

If I'm wrong about this, please tell me how. It seems to me that very intellegent people hold onto the idea of Entropy Uber Alles so strongly that they contort physics beyond all common sence to conform.

At the moment of the big Bang' date=' entropy was negative.

If most of the material that falls into a septillion-year old black hole is very weak radio wave background radiation, and it explodes into say gamma rays, that would be a reversal of entropy, too.

If I'm wrong about this, please tell me how. It seems to me that very intellegent people hold onto the idea of Entropy Uber Alles so strongly that they contort physics beyond all common sence to conform.[/quote']

Why would entropy be negative at the big bang? What does negative entropy even mean, and what evidence for this claim is there?

I dont know what the rest of your post is talking about.

That would never happen, because background radiation is dispersed, by definition, so would never just "fall" into a black hole.