Hcn

The_simpsons

Some have claimed (in a forum discussion ) that when the sodercommando came in and ripped off all the clothes, jewelry etc on the dead jews in the gas chamber, some smoked in the same time, and HCN is flammable, and 75 g/cm3 is enough to cause it to explode, my question is, how much more a less gas was it in the chamber when the nazis went in and ripped of the stuff from the dead bodies?

i prsonally don't think it was sufficient amount to ignite it if the were smoking but i need evidence.

75g/ cm3 Holy crap they made a gas 75 times as dense as water?

the stuff is deadly before it reaches the concentration for combustion.

This is a big mistake. A gas has a density between 100 and 1000 times as low as the density of water. Anyway, if the concentration of the gas is so high, that an explosion occurs on ignition, then it is intensely poisonous. HCN is VERY VERY poisonous and way below the lower explosion limit, the gas already kills you within minutes.

So, when the Nazi's came into the gas chambers, the concentration must have been below the ppm level (a few micrograms / liter), otherwise they would die immediately. So, the story about explosion only can be nonsense.

Actually i believe they usually stripped the jews then took all their valuable stuff then put them in the chamber naked, that way they were like "oooh a shower". Thats how they did it in a documentary i saw.

Yeah... They were forced to stand completely naked, shaved-head on a long line before being into the chambers (or ovens, etc.)

After the Germans officially lost the war, the Nazi's were running out of time and bullets. The simply had the Jews line up and dig a hug ditch. They forced everyone to jump in and buried them alive. After Russian and American troops that liberated the camps found people hiding amoungst the dead bodies that had been buried alive, but had managed to survive (probably by finding an air pocket, or someway to breathe).

The Nazi's used these horrible, inhumane techniques because, to them, the Jews weren't human anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

They also made them work for long hours. There was also a woman who asked for more food on Yom Kippur (a jewish fast day) the Nazis stuck her upper body in a oven and beat her loewr body. She fainted, they poured water over her face and hit her with a blunt object 20 times. She fainted again and they hit her 20 times again. All that while being in an oven. As you can see in my 7th grade History Fair project:

http://www.projecth.bravehost.com/

---Diego