Any way to induce hallucination without drugs?

hw help

Marinol is synthetic THC and does not induce an entheogenic state.

If you're just looking for a legal hallucinogen' date=' try salvia

I had heard that medicinal marijuana (i don't know if it was Marinol or not) did cause hallucination in some cases. But, this might have been early in its development. anyway, I think I'll go for saliva, especially the sex products.:)

Just on the whole magnets causing hallucinations thing, i watched a documentary fairly recently about the scientific explaination for hauntings and they have found that many of the homes in which people have 'seen' ghosts actually have either too close wiring or faulty electronics that are giving off an abnormal amount of electromagnetic waves. They have even made people see colors and shapes in the lab setting by pulsing there brain with certain frequencies. So going by what was said in that show (i have to admit i got the feeling it was fairly sketchy science) you could possibly hallucinate by sticking your head somewhere with alot of electromagnetic activity.

On the other hand however your mind can do some wonderfull things when in deep relaxation. When i was in my early teens i used to play around in various occult things, and i would often see blurred figures, 'energy fields' and various other hallucinations. I'm pretty sure this has to do with self-hypnosis and being highly suggestable in the various relaxed states i was in, so maybe you could try some meditation or something?

Salvia will throw a monkey wrench into your consciousness for approximately three minutes. It operates on the kappa opiate system which was extensively researched by pharmeceutical companies because it had the same pain relieving effects of the mu opiate system (on which morphine, heroin, etc. operate) but without any of the addictive qualities. However, test subjects reported, well, the intense weirdness of having the system stimulated that salvia users experience, and due to the uncomfortable effects research was terminated.

However, be aware that those three minutes will be extremely intense. I don't think it can really be recommended as your first entheogenic experience.

It's legal too! In fact there are several 'legal high' websites that do mail order. We have several shops in a neighbouring city that do all manner of herbal mixtures that have varying effects...however they are quite tame in comparison to the more popular ethnogens, and are not particularly worth worrying about.

We have a shop that sells dried San Pedro and Ahyuasca, which is still available legally in the UK, though you have to be of a strong mental disposition and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, the physical side effects can be quite bad on either.

One way to experience a relatively safe hallucination (you should have someone with you, and don't go overboard) could be a sweatbox. Heat rocks in a fire or oven. Go inside a small sealed and heavily layered canvas tent. Pour water over the rocks to make steam. People often have hallucination after prolonged periods because of the heat and water deprivation. The darkness and sound of water on the rocks contributes to the hallucinogenic effects as well.

Close your eyelids, and push your eyeballs in with your fingers (just a little), it might take a few seconds to begin. Its not amazing and it hurts a bit after a while, but its easy and safe.

I think this is one of those things we pick up at four years old and never grow out of.

There is one form of yoga that appears to cause this, called Kundulini. I may be spelling it wrong. But I would recommend being very careful this. One may need to do Chaotic Mediation first to empty the mind.

When I younger (early 20's), I experimented with various types of occult, mysticism, meditation, Pagan rituals, astrology, theosophy, etc., and found this Kundulini technique. It scared the crap out of me. I was trying to leave my body to see if it was possible. I never expected it to happen, but one day using this yoga technique, I had an hallucination of my body expanding beyond its perimeter. I freaked out, when I was about to get my wish, or a strong halucination of my wish. I stopped doing the Kundulini technique after that.

A few days later, I had forgot to set my alarm and was about to oversleep. I had a dream hallucination, that someone grabbed my leg to help wake me up. This woke me up and I was able to make it to work without being late. After that second experience, I stopped all the ancient arts and got very interesting in modern psychology.

Chaotic meditation I will discuss, because it is an excellent technique that is very beneficial, although I have not done it since those days. It is hard for many people to totally relax and focus because too many things are going on inside. What this technique does is exhaust the body, heart and mind with chaos. To begin, you do omething very physically exhausting involving random body (dance) movement say for 10mins. This tires and calms the body. Next, one does an emotional catharsis (spelling?). Essentially, yell, cry, laugh, be angry, sad, in a random type of pattern for 10 mins. This will tire and relax the heart or emotional side. Next, talk in jibberish for 10 mins. Talk stupid sounds and word patterns that are random nonsense. This will tire and scramble the mind. For the last 10 min, stop and just relax with your eyes closed. Your body, heart and mind will need rest and you be feel very peaceful.

When I younger (early 20's), I experimented with various types of occult, mysticism, meditation, Pagan rituals, astrology, theosophy, etc., and found this Kundulini technique

Did you learn this on your own or did you participate in a group? It would be interesting to know because it sounds very ...interesting. An out of body experience is something I've always criticized and strived for at the same time. Ever since I saw Ace Ventura 2: When Nature Calls. That whole Buddhist enlightenment thing.

Also, I don't think anyone's brought it up yet, what about the effects of hypnotism. Those I've talked to after being hypnotized (for entertainment) explain it as a hallucinogenic experience. they don't say that exactly, but that's what it translates into.

There are many places dedicated to out of body experiences all over the web and all offering fairly similiar techniques, the more occultish way of saying it would be astral projection or astral travel however OBE's is still a common term.

When I left university, I had become a very objective scientist, a Mr Spock type, with an cool hearted analytical mind. When I started to work and was out of academics and having more control over my time, I decided I wanted to become more complete and decided to more learn about the subjective side of knowledge, through classical literature. The subjective side of knowledge also contained the various pseudo-sciences which were a blend of philosophy, religion and meta-physics. Through a broad spectrum of reading I dabbled in wide range of orientations, without becoming married to any one. I think it was a book on eastern mysticism, by some guru, that discussed a yoga techniques. This is where I learned about kundulini yoga. It is not something you do once and it happens. I did for about a month.

Paralleling these last meta-physical readings, was intro book by Carl Jung. He spoke of the collective unconscious and synchronicity (meaningful coincidences). The stange experiences I had, gave me impetus to explore the arcane sciences through the eyes of modern science. Jungian psychology was the only orientation of psychology that seemed able to address the bizarre phenomena that healthy people often experience and appear to explain the internal nature of these projected pseudo-sciences.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a method for hallucinating? Instead of using pyschedelic drugs like shrooms' date=' acid, etc.

Is there a way where u dont need drugs to make u hallucinate?

Why i ask this? Because i want to experience hallucination, i want to know whats it like, visual and auditory, and other hallucinations.

Is there anyway to induce it?[/quote']

i AINT NO EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT BUT I CAN IMAGINE THERE IS A DISTINCT POSSIBILLITY THAT TO DO WHAT YOU SAY WITHOUT DRUGS WOULD INVOLVE A MENTAL BREAKDOWN WHICH WOULD FAR OUTWIEGH THE BENIFITS OF THE EXPIERIENCE.HAVING KNOWN A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER WHOM HAS EXPIERIENCED ALL OF WHAT YOU DESIRE, I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT TO REACH A POINT IN YOUR MENTAL PROCESS TO PRODUCE THIS WOULD PROBABLY DAMAGE YOUR MENTAL PROCESS SIGNIFICANTLY.HOWEVER SLEEP DEPREVATION IS GOOD FOR IT, FIRST OF ALL FIND A WAY OF CREATING AN OVERLY EXTREME ANXIOUS STATE THAT DEPRIVES YOU OF PROPER SLEEP FOR A FEW WEEKS. WHILST THIS IS GOING ON THINK BEST OF HOW TO ENDUCE MANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS IN YOUR BEING SAY GUILT,SORROW, ANGER ECT BY BEING A BAD PERSON. THIS BEHAVIOUR WILL ENSURE A DEPRESSION OF VARYING SEVERITY AND WHEN THIS DEPRESSION BECOMES TOO BAD TO HANDLE AND YOUR ANXIOUS BRAIN NEEDS AN ESCAPE ROUTE IT JUST MIGHT CREATE A DIFFERENT REALITY BASED UPON SOMETHING THAT NOT EVEN YOU UNDERSTAND OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.WHEN YOU START TO COMPLAIN AND EVERYONE TELLS YOU YOU ARE NOT RIGHT IN THE HEAD YOU WILL PROBABLY BECOME EVEN MORE DELUDED AND PARANOIA WILL VISIT YOU. ONCE THIS SETS IN YOU ARE NEARLY THERE A FEW DELUDED PSYCHOTIC EPISODES WILL FURTHER UNDERMINE YOU ENTIRE BELIEF SYSTEM AND IF YOU SURVIVE YOUR HEAD WILL AT TIMES ENTER A PERCIEVED SAFE WORLD OF WHICH YOU SEEK.i DONT WANT TO SOUND MEANSPIRITED BUT WHAT YOU SEEK WITHOUT DRUGS IS ONLY EXPIRIENCED USUALLY BY VERY SICK PEOPLE AND SOME SPIRITUAL TYPES. i WOULDNT RECCOMEND THE SPIRITUAL THING EITHER , THAT COULD DAMAGE YOU AS WELL.

NOT FOR THE FAINTHEARTED:-)

Is there a method for hallucinating? Instead of using pyschedelic drugs like shrooms' date=' acid, etc.

Is there a way where u dont need drugs to make u hallucinate?

Why i ask this? Because i want to experience hallucination, i want to know whats it like, visual and auditory, and other hallucinations.

Is there anyway to induce it?[/quote']

SLEEP DEPREVATION IS GOOD FOR IT, BUT BE CAREFULL AS IT CAN CAUSE SEVERE MENTAL DISORDERS. MEDITATION HAS BEEN SAID TO CAUSE THEM AS WELL AND THERE ARE A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT TYPES ALLTHOUGH THEY ARE BASICALLY ALL THE SAME AND WE ALL REACT DIFFERENTLY.ANYWAY WHEN YOU MEDITATE YOU USUALLY CROSS INTO THE NO MANS LAND BETWEEN SLEEP AND AWAKE, YOU MAY HAVE EXPIERIENCED THIS BEFORE WHEN YOU SUDDENLY JUMP AWAKE AFTER NODDING OFF. ITS A CURIOUS PLACE TO BE JUST IN TOUCH WITH THE SUBCONCIOUS BUT NOT DEEP ENOUGH FOR COMPLETE SLEEP. I SOMETIMES MEDITATE FOR RELAXATION BEFORE I SLEEP AND ITS GOOD ALLTHOUGH HALLUCINATIONS DO COME FROM YOUR INNER MIND AND THIS IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE WHILST CONCIOUS. I HAVE NOT HALLUCINATED BUT ANY DETATCHMENT FROM REALITY IS TECHNICALLY THAT.(WHILST CONCIOUS). APART FROM DRUGS,MENTAL ILLNESS CAUSES THEM.

• 1 month later...

wow!! after experienced hallucinations with substances, I can now acknowledge this more often when I fall asleep in class, I get marginal two second hallucinations being drug free.haha. Like in class, I thought some face was looking at me, but it was really the back of someones head that shaped like a face. Oh my gosh, hopefully I am not going insane, I been noticing faces out of shapes lately. Its like weird that I am getting them more often because I can NOW recognize how my mind kinda works when I get very drowsey. Im sure I had them before, but now I get it. heh

I believe I have on several occassions hallucinated for a second when I wake up.

Twice I've seen the ceiling covered with spiderwebs, flipped out of bed and nothing was there. 3rd time I woke up in the middle of the night and turned over and I saw a giant spider hanging halfway down from the ceiling on a web. That time I yelled at the top of my lungs when I got out of bed, when I stood up and took a look, nothing was there.

I wish I knew how that stuff works and how my brain makes those connections and why sometimes it happens and other times it doesnt. Either way they weren't there like a daydream, it looked like they were really there.

Your trying to hallucinate well try and think if maybe something similar has ever happened to you before.

I believe most ghost sightings are hallucinations. Which would mean the people who experienced them arent really lying at all. Like if you hear a ghost story about a house and you spend alot of time in that house, you might fall subject to your brain pullin a trick on yah. Being affraid even in the back of your mind probably makes it even more likely to happen.

Just some thoughts.

When researchers were using LSD to induce altered states they traveled to the far east and consulted with monks from many orders. The ones who took the LSD reported effects ranging between heavy euphoria to nothing at all. Most described the experience as similar to intense sessions of meditation. Other than the sweat-box method, and fasting, there are no easy ways of self-induced hallucinations. After years of forming strong pattern recognition with the reality you experience most often, that of waking life, they become more difficult to break, this is why we tend to grow out of things like Santa and monsters. Altering the sense of pattern recognition to see and hear things that are normally below your consciousness (there are no experiences that are not viewed through the filter of your previous life experiences) is an arduous task for any individual. An option that isn't really open to you is intense psychotherapy with the end goal being an temporary change in your perceived reality.