Any way to induce hallucination without drugs?

hw help

The physiological basis for hallucinations may be firing up the dopaminergic neurons in the mesolimbic and mesocortical pathways. There may be ways to achieve this non-pharmacologically. Schizophrenia is the disease that does it, there may be physical or phototic ways of doing so, maybe deep brain stimulation or something like this.

• 3 months later...

Is there a method for hallucinating? Instead of using pyschedelic drugs like shrooms, acid, etc.

Is there a way where u dont need drugs to make u hallucinate?

Why i ask this? Because i want to experience hallucination, i want to know whats it like, visual and auditory, and other hallucinations.

Is there anyway to induce it?

I have Bipolar Disorder, and as long as I am on my meds, I'm totally balanced and functional.

But in the past when OFF medication and in the midst of a full-blown manic episode I have suffered from visual and auditory hallucinations.

Although I am not sure that the adverb "suffered" is totally accurate, since I rather enjoyed them. Well...sometimes, that is.

The bitch of it all was the Crash after the High.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

A safe way to induce hallucination is to use “isolation tank” without into the dreaming state. For how to - read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

However, not everyone can get into the hallucination state through the isolation tank method. For reason - read this article: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304604880_Towards_a_comprehensive_model_of_human_memory

• 1 month later...