Any way to induce hallucination without drugs?

hw help

im not. what im saying is that salvia divinorum is literally pulled from the ground, and smoked or chewed. thats different than most drugs that "have their origins in plants"

also, salvia divinorum has been around for hundreds, potentially thousands of years and no adverse effects are currently documented.

hence, i consider it a "safe" way.

im not. what im saying is that salvia divinorum is literally pulled from the ground, and smoked or chewed. thats different than most drugs that "have their origins in plants"

you can do the same with ccocaine and aprin from willow bark. doesn't change their status on the drug front. would you call magic mushrooms drugs? because you can do the same with those as well.

also, salvia divinorum has been around for hundreds, potentially thousands of years and no adverse effects are currently documented.

and this stops it being called a drug why?

hence, i consider it a "safe" way.

still includes the intake of drugs which excludes it from this thread.

also the salvia that you smoke is an extract of the salvia plant.

however it is a perfectly legal substance with the only known case of a dath resulting from it being a delaware case where a teenager bought some and killed himself 4 months later.

having several friends who are into halucinogens saalvia is clearly the safest of the drugs as in a small dose the hallucinations will last for less than 5 minutes, in a large dose they last a maximum of 10-15 minutes (assuming its smoked, chewing is different)

THe statement that LSD has no side effects is patently false, you can find hundreds of cases where people who formerly did large quantities now continually get flashbacks, and also have "ghosting" in their vision which is where moving objects have a trace following them like you would see on a tennis ball on tv.

however the use of almost any of the hallucinogens mentioned here is safer than things like oxygen deprivation, water deprivations, sleep deprivation and other "non-drug methods"

insane-alien is also correct about "natural" substances being good. There are people who take deadly night shade in order to hallucinate, supposedly this will cause hallucinations for up to 3 days that feel about as real as real life. However the side effects include a very high risk of death, permanent blindness, paralysis and several other nasty little things.

insane-alien is also correct about "natural" substances being good. There are people who take deadly night shade in order to hallucinate, supposedly this will cause hallucinations for up to 3 days that feel about as real as real life. However the side effects include a very high risk of death, permanent blindness, paralysis and several other nasty little things.

I think you'll find it was DrDNA who said that. I agree with him there but i didn't feel it needed mentioning again.

For the record, just about everyone would agree that ANY substance that alters the mind and the senses can be dangerous.

For example, please don't snort, smoke, injest, or partake of "harmless" and/or "natural" plant substances and try to drive, ride a motorcycle, pilot a boat, etc.

I was going to say something else, but can't remember what it was..........:rolleyes:

that is absolutely impossible. Drugs are chemicals, your brain is a coordinated network of chemicals, or more precisely the influence of these chemicals upon your neurons. but it is possible to 'hallucinate' without the assistance of externally produced psychotropic substances. Wake Initiatiated Lucid Dreaming. My girlfriend knows how to do it. Im sure it would also be possible with advanced meditation.

• 4 weeks later...

A really heavy dose of influenza gives pretty good hallucinations too.

I'd still say that in general hallucinogenic drugs are the safest method, particularly LSD which is very clean compared to mushrooms and 'natural' hallucinogens.

I must say that I really wouldn't recommend them though. They're best left well alone!

P.S. one other method is to sit in a totally dark room for 48 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

:) theres a much much easyer way to hellucinate.

1.sleep deprivation-if you went to sleep at say 10pm(the normal time)then stay up till 1 am the next day

2.while your up listen to

pink floyd

yes

led zeppelin

moe

trust me,most of their songs are super trippy,im listening to flyd right now and its 02:36...pretty trippy,im noticing the vibrations swerve around the room.

and 3. if you have an instrument...play it!

(metal/hard rock/altern rock ruins the buzz!)

like about a month ago,my friend told me that one time he was listening to alot of yes and started to see the bass/guitar/drums/keyboard/ect. in various waves and colors above his monitor :eek: .

and you also start to see things in the corner of your eye,its pretty creepy.

a realy trippy song is welcome to the machine - pink floyd.

I have to add I don't do any drugs any more. It is a waste of money and sanity.

you got that right,once on pot,i couldent feel my body for 3 hours.

i was trippin,in a bad way.

First off, I want to straighten things out here. Btw, I am a pretty experienced psychonaut (not practicing anymore though) and i am extremely well read on the subject.

LSD is PHYSICALLY one of (if not THE) most researched and safest drug known to man.

Mushrooms (as long as you don't eat a poisonous one) and Cactus (mescaline) are physically pretty safe as well.

As someone stated earlier, things to stay away from would be:

Datura, and pharmaceuticals (dramamine, benedryl). YOU WILL NOT ENJOY IT!

Datura actually turns you schidzophrenic for about 40 hours, and could kill you. If you somehow make it out alive, You probably won't remember anything anyway. Dramamine and benedryl trips are probably the scariest things imaginable. What happens is you essentially hallucinate your worst fears. Imagine a ten foot spider in your room, or snakes crawling all over you. And it seems REAL. With most psychadelics, you have some idea you're tripping, not with these puppies. STAY AWAY! NO ONE EVER HAS A GOOD TIME!

Now back on to topic:

You should not be worried about the physical effects of psychadelics, because most are pretty harmless. It's the PSYCHOLOGICAL effect you need to be concerned about. If you've tripped or talked to someone who has, you know that tripping is quite literally off the freakin' wall. It's like nothing you've ever experienced before or can even imagine. Natural laws can be violated, your world can cease to exist. Things you have known to be true your whole life change. For example, you KNOW that your chair is not going to turn into a talking dog. You KNOW that the walls remain steady and things don't change color. You KNOW that the environment you're in is constant, that you're not suddenly going to find yourself in a desert, talking to God. For alot of people, seeing your world melt away (literally and figuratively), can be VERY disturbing.

For some people, trips can be amazing experiences. For some, it can lead to some serious psychological damage. If you want to trip, check out these sites:

shroomery.org

erowid.org

Read the trip reports so you can know what to expect.

I'm not condoning or looking down on tripping, but you should know what you're getting into, and be sure you wan't to get into it; because most trips last about 6 hours for mushrooms and 8 hours and beyond for everything else (some people have tripped for DAYS on cactus. LSD is usally 12 hours). So it's not something that you can just turn off when you decide you've had enough.

Also, the reason sleep deprivation makes you hallucinate is because generally after 72 hours of waking, the brain starts to produce DMT, which is the strongest naturally occuring psychadelic. So in that aspect, you are still using a drug, it's just one that your brain makes on its own in certain situations.

Interesting side note: Most humans get a big (big enough to produce hallucinations) DMT dose twice in their lives: at birth and at death. This helps to explain near-death victims who "go to heaven and talk to God." Really, they were just trippin' Quite literally lol.

because most trips last about 6 hours for mushrooms and 8 hours and beyond for everything else (some people have tripped for DAYS on cactus. LSD is usally 12 hours).

depends really

Salvia can last between 10 minutes to 45 or so.

However, its extremely potent.

Typically everything else will last more than a few hours.

drink warm milk before sleeping and stand next to the microwave while heating it up. you will like experience lucid dreaming which is the closest thing.

drink warm milk ---> stand next to microwave while it heats up ---> dreaming

How do you propose to heat it up in the microwave after you've already consumed it? :)

• 2 months later...

well you could always try one thing (i dont recomend doing it every day) and im not resposible for w.e you c.... but one time my freind told me that the spice nutmeg would make u c shit.....so i tried it and it worked really well

lol but all u do is eat 2 or 3 tablespoons of nutmeg..... now im gonna worn u it taste like pure ass but all u have to do is chase it down with soda er sumthin.... within like the 1st hour n a half u feel kinda sick but dont think nuthin of it ur not gonna puke or nuthin it goes away kinda fast.....n a bout 6 hours it will reach its peak..... and remember IM NOT RESPONSIBLE when u get in trouble by ur parents for saying that u saw mikey mouse peeking at you through your window lmfao

i correct myself n my above statement eat 2-3 teaspoons im sry

I hope this isn't out of context or anything, but I read through most of this thread and I found several cautionary tales, but I don't know if any of them are really real, but this is one I heard about at my sister's college.

During a fraternity party they were using shrooms, and one kid, who according to my sister was a really nice guy, had a hallucination that he couldn't breathe, and actually grabbed a cooking knife and cut his own throat open. His friends tried to stop him, and in the process he cut off his friends finger.

True story.

I wouldn't recommend drug use to anybody, but I'm a little older than many here and I'm not going to pretend that I never experimented. I grew out of it, except for beer and nicotine.

First of all, stay way from white powders. No coke, no heroin, no speed. I'd include MDMA and MDA (what gets called Ecstasy these days) in that. You don't even want to know what's in it besides the drug (rat poison, baby laxative, chalk), how it's made (you soak the opium or coca in gasoline, ether, various acids etc...), and the drugs themselves are addictive.

The only chemical I'd say is okay is LSD (acid). As somebody else pointed out, it has been tested extensively. Make sure you know and trust whoever you get it from though...it's generally made in a basement or garage. Lots of people know how to make it, and make it properly, but there's a lot of clowns out there too.

Second of all, stay away from those "non-drug" trips. Nutmeg will get you high, taking enough to so is basically poisoning yourself though. Satvia is a very rough high, and hard on your body. Again, to get the wanted effect you are basically poisoning yourself. The same goes for Jimson Weed.

I don't know how true it is, but I read that some kids choke themselves to get high. Don't be an idiot. If you're that desperate to get high, go buy something.

If you want to hallucinate, mushrooms are good. Not too hard on your body, not too weird, and relatively easy to control the dose on. Make sure the guy who picked them knew what he was doing, and you'll be okay.

Mescaline is okay too. Kind of hard on the stomach though.

Peyote is very hard on the stomach...you will almost certainly puke...but it's fairly safe and you'll see some very weird stuff.

If you do any of these drugs, make sure you have a babysitter. Get somebody who is experienced with their effects and willing to remain straight themselves. Stay off the booze before taking them.

One final thing...all of these drugs are illegal. If you get caught, you will end up with a criminal record. If you live in the US, the penalties are pretty damned harsh. If you live in a more enlightened country, the penalties are less harsh, but it can still affect future employment and travel.

During a fraternity party they were using shrooms, and one kid, who according to my sister was a really nice guy, had a hallucination that he couldn't breathe, and actually grabbed a cooking knife and cut his own throat open. His friends tried to stop him, and in the process he cut off his friends finger.

Well, as we all know, when somebody is suffocating, the best thing to fix it is a kitchen knife.

I think this one is more to do with proving darwinian evolution. :D