Dating

herme3

Perfect excuse for what?

To make yourself "available;" a way to pick up a guy. I wasn't being serious... well, not really, really serious.

It's really complicated, like that Nelly song.

It's going to be about secrets of Christianity. The book itself will be fiction, but it will be based on true facts. It will definitely give people something to think about.

Perhaps you should call it "The DaVince Code 2" and make a few mill off of it.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should call it "The DaVince Code 2" and make a few mill off of it.

No, this won't be like The Da Vinci Code. Although they might have some similarities, I've been working on this book before reading The Da Vinci Code or seeing the movie. The secrets in my book will be much easier to prove as being true.

No, this won't be like The Da Vinci Code. Although they might have some similarities, I've been working on this book before reading The Da Vinci Code or seeing the movie. The secrets in my book will be much easier to prove as being true.

Mr. herme's writing a book, eh? Why attack Christianity of all things? Haven't you had enough already? It's all over the net, the publications, magazines, books, everywhere!

You say it's not like the Da Vinci Code, huh? People will most likely think you copied the idea from Dan Brown, especially since it's fiction, too.

Can you give us a quick peek of these "secrets of Christianity"? Just so I can decide whether to buy your book or not in the future. :D

I think you are probably right. In fact' date=' some of her friends might wonder why I rarely say anything around them. While I try to have a friendly conversation with them, I often don't know how to contribute to the conversation. What can I say when they spend 99% of the time talking about their boyfriends? I definitely do not want a boyfriend, and I've never had a girlfriend, so I really can't contribute much to a conversation about relationships. Now that you mention it, it would make sense why she might not say much to me around her friends. Anything I would want to talk about would probably seem boring or confusing to her friends.

Usually her friends said stuff like, "My boyfriend and I are so happy! We must be the happiest couple in the world! We are going to be together forever!" Now, what could I say to something like that? The only thing I could say would be "Yeah... We'll see how happy you are in a few months. When you come to lunch crying, I'll be the one laughing!" :D

Wow, that was a little mean. It's after 1:00 am and I better go to bed because I'm starting to sound like a cranky old man. :P[/quote']

Welcome to my world, herme. My girl friends talk about boys all the time, or if not, they backbite anyone they see, and to make sure they won't miss anyone, they backbite our classmates alphabetically. Imagine that, what girls do for fun. Hypocrites. They think they're so superior and better just because they're all made up and beautiful. They can't stand it when others stand out better than they do, or their million crushes notice those other I-don't-care-how-I-look girls.

I'm going off the topic, aren't I?:D

But wait, there's more. Men aren't any better. Admit it guys, you enjoy belittling your fellow men, you love the feeling of being a king.

I'm really going off the topic and in deep trouble for what I wrote, eh? I'm so sorry. :D

Anyway, herme, there's nothing more that I can say. You are in control of your situation. The best for your book and for your friendship with the girl as well. ;)

To make yourself "available;" a way to pick up a guy. I wasn't being serious... well' date=' not really, really serious.

It's really complicated, like that Nelly song.[/quote']

Why would a guy go with a drunk girl? Oh...yeah...of course! It's easier to let the girl go along with whatever he has in mind.

Why would a guy go with a drunk girl? Oh...yeah...of course! It's easier to let the girl go along with whatever he has in mind.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of how women like to use alcohol as an excuse to do things "out of the ordinary" for them. I've had more women come on to me when they were drunk than the other way around (in general as well, but that's just due to good jeans. Levi Strauss has yet to let me down. Wordplay and bad puns on the other hand...)

Can you give us a quick peek of these "secrets of Christianity"? Just so I can decide whether to buy your book or not in the future. :D

Sorry, I guess this is getting a little off-topic. Don't worry, I'll create a new thread when the book is closer to being released. It will be a while because I haven't even finished writing it yet. After that, it will need to be edited and published. It might be out in about 3 months.

They think they're so superior and better just because they're all made up and beautiful. They can't stand it when others stand out better than they do, or their million crushes notice those other I-don't-care-how-I-look girls.

Well, I don't think my best friend or her friends are like that. I think that my best friend is the most beautiful girl that ever lived, but she doesn't seem to think so. She's actually told me that she isn't very happy with her appearance. Can you believe that? How can someone so beautiful be unhappy with the way she looks? :confused:

Why would a guy go with a drunk girl?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. When people go on a date, they should try to get to know each other's personalities better. How could a guy get to know a girl's real personality if she's drunk?

that's just due to good jeans. Levi Strauss has yet to let me down.

That's the best joke I've heard in a long time! :D

For the love of God someone please lock this thread.

I see no reason for this thread to be locked. Many of us are having an interesting conversation, and I think this thread is very educational for teenagers. If you choose not to participate in this thread, that's your choice. However, you can always look here if you need good dating advice.

When people go on a date, they should try to get to know each other's personalities better. How could a guy get to know a girl's real personality if she's drunk?
You can't. But you can have a bit of care-free fun.

You can't. But you can have a bit of care-free fun.

That's just something that I can't understand. If I ever go out on a date, I would need that personality connection. I have to feel like I actually know that person, and that she understands me. I would be happier with a girl who is a true friend, even if she never kisses me, than I would be having a ton of different girlfriends who I never get the chance to really know.

You really never find a happy ever after disney fairy tale dream girl. Not in the real world. You can find people you really like, that share interests, yada yada, but most girlfriends are not going to meat any dream girl standards, **** 'em, find somebody else, have fun. Eventually you might find somebody you want to marry.

Jeff Foxworthy has a joke, guys never want to get married. "I was just trying to get laid and next thing I know I wake up with three kids and minivan! How the heck did this happen!"

You cant meat every single girl with the attitude that she's something special. When you think of reaons that she's perfect you end up getting emotionally caught up. She has you by the balls and knows it. The girl you're fussing about probably isn't much better than any other girl you're going to find.

You really never find a happy ever after disney fairy tale dream girl. Not in the real world. You can find people you really like' date=' that share interests, yada yada, but most girlfriends are not going to meat any dream girl standards, **** 'em, find somebody else, have fun. Eventually you might find somebody you want to marry.

Jeff Foxworthy has a joke, guys never want to get married. "I was just trying to get laid and next thing I know I wake up with three kids and minivan! How the heck did this happen!"

You cant meat every single girl with the attitude that she's something special. When you think of reaons that she's perfect you end up getting emotionally caught up. She has you by the balls and knows it. The girl you're fussing about probably isn't much better than any other girl you're going to find.[/quote']

You are so wrong.

That's some of the shallowest crap I have ever heard in my life.

Wow...I can honestly not believe you can actually think like that....

"Find 'em, **** 'em, have fun..."? Another Hollywood brainwashed loser.

You are so wrong.

That's some of the shallowest crap I have ever heard in my life.

Wow...I can honestly not believe you can actually think like that....

"Find 'em' date=' **** 'em, have fun..."? Another Hollywood brainwashed loser.[/quote']

Now now Red Alert, I can understand the frustration, and I can understand that you don't agree with his point of view, but you don't have to attack him. He's living life the way he wants to, if it works for him, so be it.

All is fair in love and war, but victors are few between. Anyone who knows love knows that she doesn't play fair, and that sacrafice is her first and strongest point.

Dating is dating, if you're dating you have to make sure you stay away from filtering everyone you meet with the original expectations of what you intend to find in a person, because ninety nine percent of the time, those expectations are higher than Jimmy Hendrix on his deathbed.

If you're looking to meet people and "date" as per the sense of the word, have fun, that is true, and that I can agree on, but also use your common sense. There are enough problems in the world today to turn a bad one night stand into a lifetime of crotch rot, and you don't want that.

If you're deciding to go beyond the point of dating there is one thing that I can advise. When the time is right, open yourself completely, and if your partner does not do the same, they are perhaps not worth the time. One thing I've learned in the short span of my existence is that honesty and trust are the staples of any relationship, be it intimate or simply a lifelong friendship. If those bonds are broken, or never formed, the tides of life and time will ravage your relationships like a trailerpark in tornado alley.

Take time to know the people who are driving your life forward; for individualistic as we are, it is our peers who truly help plot and carry out the course of our lives, and a spouse or significant other is deffinitely one of those people.

Just because you haven't been fortunate enough to experience something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I assure you it does, but that it's not what the movies would have you think.

You're ultimately less attractive to a girl when you're practically begging her to be your girlfriend. If she pulls back, the worst thing you can possibly do is lean in. You end up looking like a needy dog.

Red Alert when you're married, you will not be married to some dream girl. There's not "somebody out there for everone." The idea is appealing and is prevalent in many disney movies but life is life. It's not supposed to be so much a negative thing cause you can be happy without having mrs perfect in your life. It just depends on waht you consider an ideal girl to be. Too many people believe that an ideal girl is some sort of perfect goddess from heaven that'll be "accepting" and whatever else.

And too many guys seem to forget this when they're with a new girl. They get all slobbery "yeah, I think she's the one," and they've barely known her for a week. They're caught up in an emotional termoil and when things don't go perfect and they get dumped they just get sad and depressed. If you put too high of expectations on something you eventually get let down. It's like that for anything. People expect too much and get sad/let down when things aren't the way they had hoped.

I'm just saying that the girl herme3's talking about, or for that manner any girl on the planet, is not some sort of special one of a kind person. There are more like her and there are more that are better than her. That's why you should never fuss over one particular girl. You have to know when to cut your losses and find somebody else.

If you stop putting every girl you meet on some sort of pedestal and just realize that if things don't work out there are plenty of others out there, you'll be more successful and also much more happy.

dont rush love, it can get nasty.

i agree with 1veedo, however, i wouldnt say it so strongly, there are plenty of fish in the sea, but there are also a lot of conflicting personality types. it's rare to find someone you'd spend your life with.

then again, theres plenty more you would, who you will never get the chance to meet no matter how many people you go out with.

the dream girl thing doesnt happen to everyone, but it does happpen. you just need to recognise it when it comes your way.

people change, someone you despised in school might turn out to be your match.

The thing is, the one thing you need to be, when you love somebody, is being aware of that person's imperfections and shortcomings, but appreciate them despite their failings. That the flaws don't matter, because you're still happy just being with that person anyway.

Well, I think. But who can trust my judgement, I've never been in love. Haha:D

You have to accept him/her for what he/she is. It may be that some of his characteristics are the least appealing to you, but that is what he is, and you can't do anything about that. You must love something about him, maybe his appearance, or his attitude. And if you do love that about him, then work on accepting the other things that you dislike about him. You should never change a person for your own gain, especially the one you love. :D

Well, it's been a few weeks since school ended and I still haven't heard from my best friend. I suppose my mind is on other things now, such as sitting in my room and spending almost all day on the computer. I try to go outside about once a week now, just to get some fresh air and to see other people. Although they are all complete strangers, it is still nice to see that other people still exist out there. I'll sometimes have a conversation with these other people, but the conversations are never deep. I miss the friendly and meaningful conversations I once had with my best friend, but I suppose I can live without them. I see no reason why all my socializing can't take place here, and on a few other forums. It might get a little boring, but I am still preoccupied with writing my book and also a little software programming.

I made some updates to my computer, so I haven't been here for several days. I agree strongly with Sabbath's and Alice's latest posts. Even though I might say someone is perfect, I do know that everyone has imperfections. Imperfections can sometimes be very difficult to find, but I still know they are there.

Hmm...it's wierd...

Herme3 hasn't replied in a while.

He's probably in a coma.

I've been busy installing Windows Vista BETA on my computer. Installing it was difficult. When I first installed it and powered on my computer, all I got was a blank screen. Fortunately, I knew how to boot Vista into SafeMode and fix some drivers. Now, it seems to be working great so I'll probably be able to check this thread regularly again.

Maybe the letter's held up in the post office. Don't feel bad if she doesn't send you a reply. It only means that she either did not get a letter, or she feels that she need not reply because she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, or because she will see you days from now. It's better off talking to the real thing and say what you have to say than to have to write to that person. That way, there will be no misunderstandings.

I suppose you are not taking our advice of you getting out there and socializing with other people whom you can see and touch. I guess that's okay...that's the way you want it, right?

Just keep your hopes up, herme. I'm sure you'll meet someone new when classes begin. It's college, it cannot be avoided, people will eventually talk to you and become your friend.