Dating

herme3

Are you hitting on me:eek:

LOL. Sorry you interpreted it that way. But I am not interested in guys. I was only stating what I thought of you. So...whatever.

Actually, I already have her phone number. However, she doesn't know that I have it. What if she doesn't want me to have it? Would she become angry if I called her?

Of course not. Unless she hates you.

I've seen the yearbooks of some of her closest friends, and she normally writes long messages in the yearbooks of the people she cares most about. I've seen her take up entire pages in a yearbook. I think it would seem more friendly if I wrote a long message in her yearbook.

Well, if she doesn't like you and is only your friend because of the knowledge that you shared with her...she's most likely to rip that page off. But if she does like you...then maybe it's ok. Keep it short, though. Short is better. And keep it brief.

If you study in the same college, then the chance of you seeing her is actually greater than not. You study in the same college for crying out loud. You will, whatever time of day it is, bump into each other. Maybe in the library? If you really want to see her, then be in the campus before her classes. Get the schedule of her classes and watch out for her. But if you'll do that...a stalker you will become.

I don't really have the best advice right now. I'm so tired. I just timed out from work. Phew! 8 hours of encoding is exhausting.

Hope you'll be okay!

Everything will turn out fine! Good luck! :D

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant speak for how much help this has given herme3, but i know that this thread (whenever ive been able to keep up with it) has really helped me in understanding some situations and how i should approach things to better increase my chances of a date (example, im now going to try to interact with more people, instead of shutting myself off from people outside my 'best friend' zone like i usually do.)

so all in all, thanks guys for helpin Herme3, cos the result is that u have helped more than just one person XD

thankies

Tash.

I cant speak for how much help this has given herme3' date=' but i know that this thread (whenever ive been able to keep up with it) has really helped me in understanding some situations and how i should approach things to better increase my chances of a date (example, im now going to try to interact with more people, instead of shutting myself off from people outside my 'best friend' zone like i usually do.)

so all in all, thanks guys for helpin Herme3, cos the result is that u have helped more than just one person XD

thankies

Tash.[/quote']

I'm glad to have done so! Hmm...have I helped herme? Maybe. :confused:

LOL. Sorry you interpreted it that way. But I am not interested in guys. I was only stating what I thought of you. So...whatever.

Wahahahaha! If I didn't know you alice, I'd misunderstand you and say "Whaat? you're lesbian?":D

Herme3 I don't know what to say. I can't think up of anything to encourage you. Sometimes, it seems that you're just trying to refute everythin we say. Have some faith. (No religious notions intended) Things may well turn out to be all right in the end. Note that I said may. Have some faith in the possibility that things will turn out to your advantage. Tell yourself that you can do this.

*Phone ringing*

There goes my real life pulling me back.

I'm sorry but I have to go.

The best as always to you.

Cheers,

Sabbath

How will that make a difference? It is her decision, not mine.

Yes it is. And can you blame her? Ask yourself this, what kind of woman wants a "man" who whines about his lackluster love life to strangers on the Internet?

Yes it is. And can you blame her? Ask yourself this, what kind of woman wants a "man" who whines about his lackluster love life to strangers on the Internet?

You've got a whole lot of point there pcorbett.

I got into thinking herme...if you can't change yourself for the better, then stay the same. People will just have to accept you for who you are. No matter how weird you are or how negative you are. I guess that's just the way you are.

Sorry man, I've run out of hope for you. You always seem to contradict every advice we give you. Maybe contradict is not the word...hmm..you always refute everything we say to you...a line from sabbath. Yep! That is true. Is it always opposite day for you? Or friday the 13th? Why are you so depressed over a girl? I really don't see the point why you have to fret about one girl who you are not even sure if she likes you.

I'm sorry for all that. I just can't help but say it. This thread has pissed me off more than once. Your personality is a never ending intertwining ball of string. What am I saying? I don't make sense at all. :-(

Don't worry. If it doesn't work out, you can always use this as a substitute.

Man, I dislike highschool relationships. So full of unnecessary drama.

Brace yourself... I'm about to be a little mean, as per usual, as most people think it is. C’mon, I’m just having some fun, I'm not trying to offend you. Your little pocket bitter old woman.

Haha, you’re a wuss! And what a wuss!

Usually I don't resolve to name-calling, but this was just too perfect of an opportunity.

By the way, I like to use the word ‘obsesstuated’ with situations like yours. If you haven’t caught it yet, it’s ‘obsessed’ and ‘infatuated’.

I just read (speed-reading is a wonderful thing) this entire thread, only caught the jist of things. Oh, geez, you’re such a pessimist… stop that. *slaps* stop it now.

Don't think too negatively all the time. Just go and ask her to hang out if you really want to continue to be with her, be stark, dammit. She’s probably as frustrated with you as most of the people in here if you act this way towards her, too. If she doesn’t want a relationship, don’t force her; it’ll only screw up whatever you have.

Anyways, go read the ladder theory (over and over again, if needed), and take note of the rule... "If a girl asks you to help her with her homework, you're probably on the friend side of her ladder."

Voila.

The cruel truth.

Although, there's the rare occasion that it doesn't mean she thinks of you as just a friend. But other than that, I have no doubt that everything within the ladder theory is true (put some alterations depending on the age and maturity of the person, that is)

You're smart. Study it. Hilarious, isn't it? You might be surprised how much of it is true.

And believe me, there are plenty of people out there who naturally like crazy and weird people like you! You know how I know that? I found one! But he’s male and he’s mine, back off. Find a girl-version. They exist, and they come in many varieties. Whether it be a smart one, a shy one, one you can easily talk to, a bitter one, they’re out there somewhere. You’ve got years, many opportunities, highschool isn’t the end of the world. Hell, you’re going to see her in university, right? If you’re still obsesstuated with her and failed to do anything before uni starts, go through a fantastic makeover during the summer. Next time she bumps into you, she’ll probably be wondering who she just saw, and heaven forbid, she may even recognize you and wonder why she didn’t talk to you more! Glory days. Now, go start by teaching yourself a choreographed dance to Tom Jones’ “Sex Bomb”

By the way... it's about 1:00 am here and I'm a little burnt out, so if anything didn't make sense up there, just... erm... ignore it.

If you study in the same college, then the chance of you seeing her is actually greater than not. You study in the same college for crying out loud. You will, whatever time of day it is, bump into each other. Maybe in the library? If you really want to see her, then be in the campus before her classes.

Yes, but we are going at different times. I'll already be home by the time she gets to college.

I cant speak for how much help this has given herme3, but i know that this thread (whenever ive been able to keep up with it) has really helped me in understanding some situations and how i should approach things to better increase my chances of a date (example, im now going to try to interact with more people, instead of shutting myself off from people outside my 'best friend' zone like i usually do.)

Well... Something good has come out of a thread that started with me ranting and feeling lonely really early in the morning. I'm glad to help! :)

Of course, I'm sure the people giving the advice are the ones that really helped you. I probably just depressed you. :P

Even though she has been sitting next to me while I made many of the posts in this thread, I don't think she's actually read anything I typed. She's sitting next to me right now, but she's playing a computer game and we are talking about English class. So, hopefully she doesn't know how stupid I can be.

And believe me, there are plenty of people out there who naturally like crazy and weird people like you! You know how I know that? I found one! But he’s male and he’s mine, back off. Find a girl-version. They exist, and they come in many varieties.

Yeah... I don't want someone who is crazy like me. I want someone who is intelligent, beautiful, and friendly. I want to be with the perfect girl, and I already found her.

Stay at college and socilise with people after your classes make sure you talk to people, if it's anything like how it was when I started uni no one knew anyone else so you're all in the same situation, start talking to people in your classes just say "hi, wehre you from" then stay around with them and socilise, you never know you might meet someone else just as great, or bump into her whilst socilising...

And remember, you're not crazy, it's everyone else...

Have you written in each others years books yet? I actually really want things to turn out good for you...

Yes' date=' but we are going at different times. I'll already be home by the time she gets to college.

Even though she has been sitting next to me while I made many of the posts in this thread, I don't think she's actually read anything I typed. She's sitting next to me right now, but she's playing a computer game and we are talking about English class. So, hopefully she doesn't know how stupid I can be.[/quote']

Then stay in school if you are really serious of meeting her. No one is perfect, herme. Can't you get that in your head? No one is PERFECT! All right...fine...she may be close to perfect...but she may also be the girl for someone else, not you. So get over it and start living your life. You do need to have a life to get the girl, you know. You said it yourself, you're a loser, so stop being one and start acting like a real person! If you intend to get her attention, then be the best that you can be. Be the best friend and be the best person. You can never be perfect, but you can be the best.

Have you written in each others years books yet?

Yesterday was my last day at school. I got a few people to sign my yearbook, but nobody asked me to sign theirs. I've decided to write a letter to my best friend, and send it through the mail. I asked her if she just wanted to hang out as friends over the summer, and I told her that I didn't want to lose her as my friend. I'm not sure if she will reply or not.

I actually really want things to turn out good for you...

Thanks.

Hey Hermes

Hey RedAlert.

You said it yourself, you're a loser, so stop being one and start acting like a real person! If you intend to get her attention, then be the best that you can be. Be the best friend and be the best person. You can never be perfect, but you can be the best.

I always try to be the best person that I can be.

Yesterday was my last day at school. I got a few people to sign my yearbook, but nobody asked me to sign theirs. I've decided to write a letter to my best friend, and send it through the mail. I asked her if she just wanted to hang out as friends over the summer, and I told her that I didn't want to lose her as my friend. I'm not sure if she will reply or not.

You'll know soon enough.

Hey! It's good that you had the courage to send her an e-mail. Good job! Yeey! You finally made a step! I'm glad you did it. Great decision. I do hope she'll reply and hang out with you.

The best of luck, herme!

Sorry for all the crap I wrote. I'm the worst person at giving advice...but somehow, people always ask advice from me...not always...but almost always...hmmm...they must be stupid.:D

Hey! It's good that you had the courage to send her an e-mail. Good job! Yeey! You finally made a step! I'm glad you did it. Great decision. I do hope she'll reply and hang out with you.

Actually, I'm sending it through regular mail, not e-mail. I thought that would seem more thoughtful. Do you think it's a good idea?

Yes, but we are going at different times. I'll already be home by the time she gets to college.
Your planning to go home as soon as lessons finnish? That is a distinct lack in enthusiasm I'm seeing.

Yeah... I don't want someone who is crazy like me. I want someone who is intelligent, beautiful, and friendly. I want to be with the perfect girl, and I already found her.
You're an idiot. In a few years you'll come to apreciate that.

Your planning to go home as soon as lessons finnish? That is a distinct lack in enthusiasm I'm seeing.

What am I supposed to do after the classes end? I'll probably have a job when I start college so I will need to go to work. She will go to her job earlier in the day, and her classes will start hours after I leave. They have a wide range of class times, from early in the morning to late in the evenings.

You're an idiot. In a few years you'll come to apreciate that.

Thanks for the compliment...

Actually, I'm sending it through regular mail, not e-mail. I thought that would seem more thoughtful. Do you think it's a good idea?

Two thumps up! It's an awesome idea! Great work! It would seem sweeter that way. :D

What am I supposed to do after the classes end? I'll probably have a job when I start college so I will need to go to work. She will go to her job earlier in the day, and her classes will start hours after I leave. They have a wide range of class times, from early in the morning to late in the evenings....

Then I guess that's that. No hope of you meeting her at all. I feel so sad for you...you're so darn depressed! And you are so negative! What are you, a depressed hippie? :-(

Two thumps up! It's an awesome idea! Great work! It would seem sweeter that way. :D

he he, that was a joke right?

This thread is a very long, really sickening rollercoaster ride and its basically vomitting all the way!!!:eek: :eek: :eek::-(

I seriously don't know if this is like a really complex running joke. Herme3 has succeeded in twisting brain. Congrats.

Herme3 - I'm not sure the letter thing would be a good idea but then again, everything I say is 'redundant' or loosely agreeable but not in par with who you are. I say this because this is one of those things that can be deemed creepy. Letters are only good for two ends of a spectrum: apologies or 'happy' annoucements, not for inbetween stuff like 'do you want to hang around this summer.' Seriously, a letter is too formal and as she says - it may be sweet - but a little too sweet and in your case 'creepy'. But maybe this is your style so don't let this influence you one bit. But then again, you're not really influenced by me anyways (NTS: anyways is not a word - stop using it).

PS: You're lucky you can get a part-time job. The only paid part time jobs that are available for teenagers where I live are drug testing (lol) - teen guinea pigs, as I like to call it:rolleyes:

Be happy with what you have. Which is more than me.

Oh - and the mere fact that you can post a letter to her means that you know where she lives!!! There are so many loop holes in your 'I'll never she her again' . . .thing.

This thread is a very long, really sickening rollercoaster ride and its basically vomitting all the way!!!:eek: :eek: :eek::-(

Well... I'm sitting in the front seat on this roller coaster. If you're not having fun, what makes you think I am? Although I've never thought of it this way before, I guess me saying what is on my mind can be compared to vomiting. It doesn't seem pleasant, but it makes you feel better later...

Herme3 - I'm not sure the letter thing would be a good idea but then again, everything I say is 'redundant' or loosely agreeable but not in par with who you are. I say this because this is one of those things that can be deemed creepy. Letters are only good for two ends of a spectrum: apologies or 'happy' annoucements, not for inbetween stuff like 'do you want to hang around this summer.' Seriously, a letter is too formal and as she says - it may be sweet - but a little too sweet and in your case 'creepy'. But maybe this is your style so don't let this influence you one bit. But then again, you're not really influenced by me anyways (NTS: anyways is not a word - stop using it).

What makes you think the letter is creepy? I was really nice in the letter, and I didn't say anything weird or crazy. Besides, what other option did I have? I was originally planning to give her the letter, but she wasn't there on my last day of school. I guess I couldn't have e-mailed it to her, but I wasn't sure which e-mail address to use. She changes them a lot, and there are some e-mail addresses that she only wants certain people to use.

Be happy with what you have. Which is more than me.

What do you think I have that you don't?

Oh - and the mere fact that you can post a letter to her means that you know where she lives!!! There are so many loop holes in your 'I'll never she her again' . . .thing.

How can you think that it is creepy to send her a letter, but not see anything wrong if I just showed up at her house? That would be really creepy, and I would expect her to come out with a gun and shoot me. I would deserve it if I did anything that creepy.

How can you think that it is creepy to send her a letter, but not see anything wrong if I just showed up at her house? That would be really creepy, and I would expect her to come out with a gun and shoot me. I would deserve it if I did anything that creepy.

LOL! :D

What is a friendly letter, cloud? Isn't that a letter, too? And what do you write in that letter, huh? About your friendship, how thankful you are, how special your relationship is, you want to end or keep it, etc. There is nothing creepy about it whatsoever. How can you say it's creepy? It's sweet. And I'm not joking. Maybe corny, but not creepy.:rolleyes:

LOL! :D

What is a friendly letter' date=' cloud? Isn't that a letter, too? And what do you write in that letter, huh? About your friendship, how thankful you are, how special your relationship is, you want to end or keep it,[/quote']

Yeah - in a idealistic world. And this method isn't something to use as a means to progress towards the type of relationship that herme3 wants (with this person). But this is just my opinion and I've never been in a relationship anyway so what do I know. Herme3 is wise not to take my second hand advice (now that I come to think of it).

What makes you think the letter is creepy? I was really nice in the letter' date=' and I didn't say anything weird or crazy.[/quote']

Seems like you've sent the letter. Good luck with that. You'll need it.

but she wasn't there on my last day of school.

Bad luck

What do you think I have that you don't?

I don't know. When you're living a crap life - you judge others as being better off. I don't really have anything going for me. All I have in my life is these exams I'm revising for. I have nothing else to show. And the cruel irony is that this one thing that I have in life,- I'm not even that good at. In theory, I should be one of the best.

How can you think that it is creepy to send her a letter

sorry, creepy isn't the word I should have used. Maybe, inappropriate.

and I would expect her to come out with a gun and shoot me
Yeah, well you've shot me down.

Inappropriate? But why?

Hmm...to come and think of it...it's actually weird. I mean it'd feel really akward if after she reads your letter you accidentally see each other in school. Wow. Really akward. :embarass:

Trust me herme3, they are right.

Girls get very creeped out when you send them a letter.

I frankly have no clue how you'd go about telling a girl something without her getting very creeped out and wierded out.

Possibly because I am a very creepy guy in reality.

But anyways, I am not going to bother reading through the entire however many posts there are in this thread, so do you mind giving me a short synopsis of the events?

Yeah - in a idealistic world. And this method isn't something to use as a means to progress towards the type of relationship that herme3 wants (with this person). But this is just my opinion and I've never been in a relationship anyway so what do I know. Herme3 is wise not to take my second hand advice (now that I come to think of it).

If you think the letter was a bad idea, what would you have done?

I don't know. When you're living a crap life - you judge others as being better off. I don't really have anything going for me. All I have in my life is these exams I'm revising for. I have nothing else to show. And the cruel irony is that this one thing that I have in life,- I'm not even that good at. In theory, I should be one of the best.

Well, I'm not sure if my life is any better. One good thing is that I don't have to take any exams. At my school, you only need to take the final exams if you get bad grades throughout the year. Anyway, you say that you don't have anything going for you, but I really don't either. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is releasing a novel I've been writing. Other than that, I don't have any friends or anything. I'm not sure if my life is that much different from yours.

Yeah, well you've shot me down.

What makes you say I did that?

Hmm...to come and think of it...it's actually weird. I mean it'd feel really akward if after she reads your letter you accidentally see each other in school. Wow. Really akward.

Why would it be awkward? I actually do plan on seeing her later this week at graduation. I guess we might discuss the letter, but I don't understand why it will seem awkward. I didn't write anything weird in the letter. I just thanked her for being a good friend, and said I hope we can hang out somewhere this summer.

Girls get very creeped out when you send them a letter.

I frankly have no clue how you'd go about telling a girl something without her getting very creeped out and wierded out.

I don't understand why everyone thinks she will be creeped out. I would think that calling her or something like that would be much more creepy.

But anyways' date=' I am not going to bother reading through the entire however many posts there are in this thread, so do you mind giving me a short synopsis of the events?[/quote']

Well, I'm not sure how short a synopsis of this thread can be. I guess a lot of things that were said in this thread aren't worth repeating, so that will save some time.

I've been talking about this girl that I used to go to school with. She was the only friend I ever had, and she was also the nicest and most beautiful girl I ever saw. After a few years, I finally wrote her a note that said I liked her. She already had a boyfriend, but she invited me to sit with her at lunch. We became good friends, and when she broke up with her boyfriend I sent her an e-mail asking if she wanted to go on a date with me. She e-mailed me back and said no. She also told me not to ask her again. The next day at school, she didn't even mention the e-mail and she didn't seem mad at me. I've asked her about it a few times, but she always changes the subject. I really wanted to know why she didn't want to go on a date with me, but she never would tell me.

Anyway, we were still good friends. Now, school is over and I just mailed her a letter because I don't want to lose her as a friend.