Graduate School???

Guest TXLabRat

Guest TXLabRat

I am applying for Grad school in Jan.'04 for research in Cancer Biology, I :confused: have come across the option of taking GRE Subject test in Biology instead of just the standardized general GRE. Any thoughts?

:confused:

Cool graduate school roxxors! At least in my mind, and if you don't mind living at the poverty level :P LOL! but it is fun!

Lets see...when i applied i took the biochemistry GRE (of course i am now an inorganic chemist -- go figure) and hte general GRE. I thought hte General was much easier. But that is because it is gernal knowledge, and you don't need to study much (if at all!). Of course, most of hte schools that i applied to wanted both the subject and the general, but it seems as if they weighted the general more.

But you should decide what you want to do, i personally just found the general to be much much easier. And you get your results right away! SWEET!

Just my two cents.

Guest TXLabRat

I am so confused...I am just a bit scared of the math portion, and nothing else. I just thought that if I took the subject test it would be more revelant to my knowledge and a better reflection of interests.

Thanks-

TXLabRat