Laws of physics; same in all references

sunspot

I have a question. According to Einstein and his theory of Special Relativity, the laws of physics are the same in all references. What does this mean exactly. Does it mean that if we travel near the speed of light, life on our spaceship would go one as usual (with mass, distance and time relativity) such that if we conduct experiments they would yield the same results as someone on earth. Or does it mean that all the ions in our body, by going near C, will give off extreme magnetic fields so as to disrupt our bodies, such that the ions will behave by the laws of particle accelerator physics?

it means that we don't yet have a physical theory that explains the universe no matter where we are. We have classical mechanics for large scale. We have QM for the small and/or fast. Neither of them work when you in different conditions. We need a physical law that's the same for all refernces.

what special relativity means is that no matterr what speed you move at, maxwells equations still apply normally.

In order to understand the relevance of the statement "the laws of physics are the same in all reference frames" you have to consider what the current beliefs (and I do mean beliefs here) were in physics at that time, physicists believed that the speed of light was relative to the velocity of the observer and thus sought out a means of understanding the consequences of a varying speed of light to maxwell's equations.

Einstein hypothesized that the speed of light was constant and sought out the implications of this on mechanics. the consequence of the constant speed of light is that maxwell's equations are the same for all referance frames.

I have a question. According to Einstein and his theory of Special Relativity, the laws of physics are the same in all references. What does this mean exactly. Does it mean that if we travel near the speed of light, life on our spaceship would go one as usual (with mass, distance and time relativity) such that if we conduct experiments they would yield the same results as someone on earth. Or does it mean that all the ions in our body, by going near C, will give off extreme magnetic fields so as to disrupt our bodies, such that the ions will behave by the laws of particle accelerator physics?

The former is true: All experiments you´d do in a rocket moving with a constant velocity relative to earth would yield the same results as the same experiment being done on earth. For both experiments you have to measure in their respective frame of reference (frame of rest).

The kind of magnetic fields you speak of are not experienced inside the rocket. In this context, you can think of electromagnetic fields (E-field + B-field) of moving charges being "what an electric field (only E-field) looks like when it´s Lorentz-transformed".

And of course, some experiments like "how much time does it take for a stone to fall down to the floor" do give different results and will be pretty boring to do inside the rocket. But that´s because gravity isn´t accounted for in SR.

If one assumes that inside our spaceship, life goes on as usual, we would be time dilated, distance contracted and our mass relativistic increased, with respect to a fixed earth reference, but our experimental results would be the same as they are on earth. The logical implication is that all the laws of physics can to be expressed in terms of just mass, distance and time relativity. In other words, if the change in just these three variables is sufficient to adjust all the laws of physics, so they are the same in any references, all the laws of physics can be expressed with only three variables. Conversely, if these three special relativity variables were not sufficient to adjust all the laws of physics in any reference, the laws of physics would not be the same in all references.

what special relativity means is that no matterr what speed you move at' date=' maxwells equations still apply normally.

[/quote']

The relativity postulate is that all of the laws of physics, not just Maxwell's theory, are the same in all inertial frames.

About a year ago, I came upon the above logic, that all the laws of physics could be expressed in terms of just three variables; mass, distance and time relativity. I was able to develop one possible way to accomplish this. I call it the MDT theory or the Mass, Distance and Time Potential theory. If anyone is interested I would be willing to teach it on the forum; if the editors do not object.

The logic of all the laws of physics being adjusted by mass, distance and time relativity, and therefore can be defined by just these three variables, is logically consistent. The trick was not to look at the three variables as traditional mass, distance and time or it doesn't work. Rather I called the three variables mass, distance and time potential (relativity). These three potential variables have multiples sub-components. The confusion may be in the choice of names; I was trying to be consistent with special relativity so I carried the names forward with the word potential after it to distinguish it.

The most pregnant variable is distance potential. It amounts to all things that are somehow related via distance. Traditional distance is one aspect, all the forces of nature are related via distance potential, as are velocity, entropy, universal position, even charge defines distance potential. The wavelength aspect of energy defines distance potential. The frequency aspect is an aspect of time potential. Time potential was the hardest to define because of the traditional perception of time.

What is powerful about the model is because the variables are so pregnant with meaning and compact, one can do very complex analysis with the greatest ease. The first applied or practical example I was hoping to do was MDT cosmology. The MDT model can predict six cosmology models (MDT, DMT, DTM, TDM, MTD, TMD) two continuum, two wave and two unexplored quantum expansion models where BB breaks up into chunks.

Below is some of my eariest reasoning that led to the model. The idea of the MDT, or mass, distance and time potential (relativity) being able to alter all the laws of physics came to me later, to help others understand.

If we look at particle matter there are two distinct classifications (not in the traditonal sense). Common matter; neutrons, electrons and protons and maybe photons last as long as the universe. They are essentially eternal particle configurations. I will call these long phase; lasts a long time, to help distinguish this class. At the other extreme is the transient phase composed of particles and particle configurations that last a very short time. Most of the experimental and theoretical matter is transient phase.

The long phase has been shown to be composed of the transient phase, at some fundamental level. The question I had was, how can long phase be so stable and last so long? The answer was time dilation. In other words, long phase is simply transient phase that was time dilated during the formation of the universe. Its eternal stabilty is inherant within its time dilated reference.

If this was true, than maybe common matter was also relativistic mass and distance contracted. The distance contraction could explain why such tiny particles can interact so beautifully at long distances via the forces of nature. They would see things as being closer or distance contracted, making it much easier to integrate with even distant objects. The various distances of force interaction could mean various distinctions of distance potential or distance relativity.

When I looked at mass, since the mass of the electron was less than that of the proton, it followed that the proton has more mass potential or mass relativity than the electron. This mass imbalance within these two long phase particles suggested that the relativity potential did not have to be uniform in all three parameters. Each parameter could somehow vary independantly. If this was true, all particles could be defined as simply MDT, with various particles defining various ratios of mass, distance and time potential.

Transient phase can be high in D and M but was low in T. The electron was high in D (orbitals/mobility/charge, etc.) and T (eternal) but low in M. This might imply that electron transitions were mostly changes in its majority parameters of DT (wavelength and frequency), this would explain energy having a range of D and T, but no mass.

After pondering further, I realized that if MDT particles were composed of the tiniest, near infinitessimal subunits of mass, distance and time, relativistic velocity close to C (circulation/spin of the tiny subunits) alone could explain the entire spectrum of particles state. One can crank up the D and T a lot and M only a little and one would get an electron. If one then lowered the D of the electron, it would define the electron's MDT parameters of an inner orbtial electron. If a critical parameter values or ratios were reached the electron will change into say a positron.

With the building blocks so small it was all inclusive down to the tiniest theoretical particles and with special relativtity creating infinite gamma at the speed of light, the tiny finite subunits could also be used to explain universe size MDT.

There are two extreme states of the MDT model, MDT=C and MDT=0. The first has all the parameters of our subunits at C. This is the eternal reference of infinite mass, distance and time. This includes everything including other dimensions, whatever adds up to infinite parameters. The second has no mass, disance or time potential. This is nothingness. Nothingness is the theorectical zero point below the tiny subunits of the three MDT particles.

The potential between these two extremes creates the tiny subunits of the model; MDT=0+ and the finite universe; MDT=C-. The two pillars of the model MDT=C and MDT=0, remain, and maintain the two finite extremes within the finite universe. Connecting the potential between the two finite extremes are all the MDT's states in the middle, which define the material diversity of the universe. The two pillars pull the diversity continuum into two directions simulataneous creating expansion type phenomena (toward MDT=C) and contracting phenomena (toward MDT=0).

Here is the slick part. If we look at nothingness or MDT=0, it would exist maybe once, or not, for an instant. An analogy would be like going into a dark room where a lamp is off. Its maybe once or not existance would make it hard to know where the lamp is, if one went the room. If it began to blink on-off, (MDT=0+ and MDT=0), we would not only know where the lamp was in the room, but we would also be able to distinquish between the on and off nature of the lamp. These are a conceptual image of the three subunits of the MDT model as defined by MDT=O+. The where is the distance potential subunit, the on is the mass potential subunit, and the blink frequency is the time potential subunit.

The complement of the subunits is the (MDT=C and MDT=C-) blinking, so to speak, between an eternal/almost infinite MDT reference. This supplies the relativistic potentials to the three subunits, to create the almost eternal particles of common matter (among everything else). With none of the observed particles of the universe having all C parameters or all parameters even simultaneously all close to C, the physical requirement of MDT=C-, to express all the almost infinite relativistic potential energy, even for one blink, is the upteen particles within the universe.

reading this drivel is a strain on my sanity. You clearly have a sophomoric understanding of the basic principles of physics, and your illogical theories just make me want to scream. Please, please, do some research before coming up with this crap, and think before you post

Actually I am trying to teach something very new and fairly complicated. This is only an introduction to help create a conceptual understanding before I start doing the harder physics. I would challange any aspect of physics, for example, say String Theory to explain itself to an unfamilar audience in a few paragraphs. It would raise more questions than have answers under those conditions. If one was to just present all the final math, it would answer all the questions, in potentia, but one would lose the audience. Either way, if would be very hard to get the point across to an unfamilar audience, in such a narrow format.

What I am trying to do it give everyone a feel for how the MDT or mass, distance and time potential or special relativity mass, distance and time, are fundamentally integrated in the overall model. What I still need to do is define the three potential variables in something more familar to the normal thinking within physics. After this second part of the introduction, I will get into the good stuff. Maybe part of the difficulty is that I am trying to make everyone think instead of memorize. The power of the final model is that it allows one to do physics in one's head. I just need to get circuits connected first. If anyone needs me to clarify points, please speak up.

You'd have an audience if you could present all the 'final maths'...then explain your equation...I'm not convinced you have the final maths, let alone a tangable theory, and I've only just started studying the subject.

Lets look at little closer at what I called, MDT particles. This is not just the mass, distance and time of a particle, which excludes charge, etc. Rather these three variables are the final result of what special realtivity does to mass, distance and time, to allow the final result to vary all the laws of physics for each reference. As such, each of the three potential variables, i.e., MDT, are composed of more than just mass, distance and time.

Once again I am going to do this conceptually to give one an intuitive feel for the variables. As the model proper develops, things like the four forces of nature will pop out of the model, all integrated. Before beginning, MDT particles of matter are 3-D particles , in the model, in that they have finite parameters in all three MDT potential variables. Energy is 2-D, in the model, because it only has finite parameters in distance and time potential, with the mass parameter zero so it can travel at C. From a 3-D MDT particle, a wide range of 2-D energy can appear to express the 3-D potential. For example, an electron can give off the spectrum of EM as well as heat during mass burn.

I would like to introduce the three variables of the MDT model; mass potential, distance potential and time potential. The MDT particles are composed of all three relativistic parameters. The mass potential is straightforward and is a measure of the relativity in a particles mass parameter. The higher the relativity affect, the higher the measured mass in our inertial reference. As the little mass subunits go faster or slower, this will determined the measured mass. For example, the proton will have more mass potential than the electron. During nuclear fusion, the mass potential will decrease.

The distance potential is conceptually similar to mass potential. It is a measure of the relativity with respect to a particle's distance parameter. Distance potential is essentially everything connected to the distance variable expressed in physics equations, plus entropy. For example, the electro-magnetic force will have a higher distance potential than the strong nuclear force. The higher distance potential or distance dilation associated with the EM force, brings farther distance in closer for the greater distance encompassing electro-magnetic force interaction. A free electron will need to lose some distance potential to become part of an atomic orbital.

Time potential is a little more confusing to conceptually visualize beyond time dilation, because when one thinks of time, one primarily thinks of seconds ticking away. After much contemplation of time dilation, it dawned on me that changes within relativistic velocity could readily explain the spectrum of inertial time using this model, even if the little spinning orbiting time subunit particle(s) only had a singular native time frequency. Transient phase has low time potential or low time relativity, while the long phase has high time potential or high relativity. The most transient state of the transient phase begins to approach the singular native time frequency behind the time potential spectrum.

Changes in time potential imply changes in relativitistic velocty instead of changes in actual time, since the little time particle clock never needs to change from its singular native time frequency. As such, time potential changes imply relativistic velocity changes over a finite time duration. This relativistic velocity-inertial time summation is expressed by heat; frequency aspect of heat. Heat is life or time potential changing over inertial time. If the entire universe ever reached absolute zero, it would run out of time potential; i.e., state of no more heat.

Although MDT particles have three relativistic parameters, perturbations can occur with one, two or three parameters changing. For example, electron-positron annihilation will alter all three parameters of the electron while removing the relativity, i.e, annihilation. Electricity will increase the distance potential of electrons while also partially altering time potential via resistive heating. While superconductor style electricity controls the temperature or the time potential of the electrons, so that essentially only the electron’s distance potential changes.

An example of one parameter having several additive parts is the coupling of the electro-magnetic force. The distance potential of the electron defines both charge and entropy/motion. The distance potential of the electron (motion) in conjunction with its charge will produce magnetism. If the distance potential lowers to where motion equals zero, the electron will still have charge or distance potential but it will de-couple from the magnetic force. If the distance potential lowers even further, the electron will begin to de-couple from negative charge. Another example of a two part parameter is heating a stable nuclei. Its total time potential will be its stable time potential state (life expectancy plus heat. Left alone in space it will radiate heat or lose time potential until only its stable time potential state remains.

As an integrated example, the nuclear fusion reaction causes the mass potential to decrease and the distance potential of the strong nuclear force to increase (strong nuclear force is now sharing larger space). The time potential decreases drastically during fusion to reflect an exothermic reaction into a lower time potential nuclei configuration. We then can use this time potential or heat output, to increase the distance potential of molten metal, steam, turbines and electrons to make electricity.

The three variables are interconvertable. For example, mass can create energy and energy can create mass. In the former, mass potential converts to time and distance potential, in the latter time and distance potential can become mass potential. In nature, fusion for example, the natural progression is mass potential to time potential (mass burn causig the nuclear force to increase distance potential), time potential to distance potential (electron kick out to form atoms) and distance potential back to mass potential (atoms coming together for higher level fusion).

Ok sunspot, you'd better whip out your math lickity split. I've seen you post nothing but nonsense on these forums, so its not like you have any credibility. If you want me or anyone else to even think of taking you seriously, we're going to need something way more tangible than your rants to work with. Something verifiable is definately required.

Sorry for my conceptual rantings but they will be useful as the model progresses. I was going to discuss MDT cosmology, but that is partially conceptual because it was an easy application of the model. Because of the discontent, I will go right into the math.

If one plots the velocity (v) of Special Relativity gamma (γ) for mass, distance and time, image002.gif

respectively, from 0 to C, on a 3-D grid, the result is the cube shown in figure 1. Only the velocity variable of gamma is plotted, where the velocity for any mass subunit, Vm, is the x-axis. The velocity for any distance subunit, Vd, is the y-axis. And the velocity for any time subunit, Vt, is the z-axis. I used capital V to distinquish the subunit relativistic velocity.

I did not plot gamma or gamma times (m, d, or t), but only velocity. The reason I did this, was I did not want to create infinite axis, if velocity=C was plugged into gamma. By plotting velocity instead for each of the three variables, a finite cube was formed that goes only from 0 to C. The cube is finite. but functionally contains 0 and infinite gamma in potentia. This extra, do the math separately step, allows one to maintain finite axis and still imply infinite results.

figure-1.gif

For example, the point labelled (CC0) would mean Vm=C, Vd=C, Vt=0. These would imply infinite relativistic mass, infinite distance contraction and 0 time dilation, etc. I am going use a 3-D MDT particle that is composed of the three smallest, near infintesimal units of mass, distance and time. I will then move from apex point to apex point and vary the velocity in various ratios of 0 and C, and look at the reference that our particle will see with those parameters. This is summarized in figure 2.

image004.gif

There are two uniform apex singularities (000) and (CCC) and six intermediate apex singularities with various combinations of 0 and C. The first pair of diagonally opposing apexes is (000) and (CCC). The two uniform apex singularities (000) and (CCC) will be called nothingness and eternity, respectively. The (000) reference will see nothing beyond it near infinitesimal state. While the (CCC) reference will imply infinite eternal. With these two apex references fixed in place on the cube, the relativistic potential between nothingness and eternity will define something tiny (0+, 0+, 0+), analogous to the short-lived reference particle of this analysis, and something less than eternity (C-, C-, C-), analogous to the finite universe, respectively

The apex at (C, 0, C) is the black hole. Vm=C would define infinite mass, while Vt=C will define its very long life stability. The Vd=0 would define its singularity with respect to inertial size or distance. Absolute zero is the apex at (0, C, 0). Absolute zero is not a possible mass state or Vm=0. The inertial universe can’t exist at absolute zero so its time or Vt=0. While the uniform coldness of space need to define absolute zero implies this apex needing to be everywhere with respect to distance or Vd=C for absolute zero to exist. These two fixed but diagonally opposing apexes will set a potential with each other, keeping each singularity from forming in the universe, while still forming finite versions of each other within the universe, i.e., finite phenomena that behave like black holes (C-, 0+, C-) and the near absolute zero temperature of space (0+, C-, 0+).

The third pair of diagonally opposing apexes is (0, C, C) and (C, 0, 0). The first implies zero mass with infinite distance and time. This would be infinite eternal empty space. The second would have infinite mass but no size and would not last even an instant. This is the hypothetical mass point singularity. Their fixed positions on the cube and the potential between them creates finite instead of completely empty infinite space (0+, C-, C-) and a finite mass singularity that is a little bigger than a point that lasts a little longer than an instant (C-, 0+, 0+). This is analogous to the primordial atom.

The fourth pair of diagonally opposing apexes is (C, C, 0) and (0, 0, C). The first would have infinite mass stretched out over infinite distance but only lasting an instant. The second would have no mass or size but would last an eternity. The first would be similar to the near infinite mass point spread uniformly over infinite space for an instant. The second is eternal time without any mass or size. Their fixed positions and the potential between will create a nearly infinite mass spread over a near infinite universe that lasts slightly longer than an instant (C-, C-, 0+). The second will result in a very large but finite time interval with a very small amount of mass and size (0+, 0+, C-), i.e., tiny long-lived particles.

If one extrapolates the potential between all the diagonally opposing apex point pairs they all meet in the center of the cube. This is the point where all the opposing apex potentials overlap, simultaneously, Figure 2b. It would be the reference where the four pairs of opposing singularities have no potential with each other and with the other singularities.

figure-2b.gif

The eight apex points define the eight mathematical singulariites. Just inside the apex are the finite versions found within the universe. The cube also has six faces and twelve edges. This is where the rest of physics will integrate. The center point is where common matter is. These will be future topics.

Just to repeat myself. This discussion is about how just varying the three special relativity variables allows all the laws of physics to remain the same in all references. This logically implies that all the laws of physics can be expressed with just those three variables. The mass, distance and time relativity or mass, distance and time potential, as I called them, has to be more than just tradtional mass, distance and time, or else it would be impossible to do. I tried to conceptually present a possible set for each variable with distance potential appearing the most pregnant with many subcomponents.

When I came up with the cube, it made my head spin. It was so simple yet so cprovocative. It is a matter of getting use to it. I am not claiming that I have all the answers. The laws of physics took decades and thousands of bright minds to iron out the basics; beyond that there is a wide variety of ideas about many points. I can not integrate everything out there. Even the basics are a lot to chew from the ground up. What I have been able to do is provide a start on one possible approach for expressing the laws of physics in three variables, to show it is do-able.

The light speed wave phases

As a way of introduction as to defining the faces of the cube, I would like to look at energy. Energy or photons have a particle/wave nature. The MDT model defines energy as a 2-D phase with variable parameters in D and T, while the mass potential=0 aspect, stays constant at the speed of light. For simplicity energy is written as (D,T,M=C). The M=C aspect is the light speed particle nature of energy, while the variables D and T define the wavelength and frequency of energy. This allows both to exist together.

Although energy travels at C, it shows finite reference via its wavelength and frequency. In other words, if we traveled at C, time would be totally dilated and distance totally contracted. Yet energy is able to travel at C and still show a variety of distance and frequency that are way less than infinite. This is a natural artifact of only 1/3 of energy going at C, while 2/3remains finite in reference. How this possible will be clear when the three edges connected to space are addressed.

In the MDT model there are three light speed wave/particle phases, which comprise the three possible combinations of MDT with 2/3 finite and 1/3 at C. These are listed below in MDT terminology;

(D,T M=C), (M,T, D=C) and (M,D, T=C)

The first I called the energy spectrum, the second I called the heat spectrum and third I called the entropy spectrum. This terminology may be a little confusing and was an artifact of working in relative isolation and developing my own nomenclature. I will try to explain what I mean by these terms. The energy spectrum reflects coordinated changes in D and T.

The heat spectrum or (M,T, D=C) runs parallel to the energy spectrum but is more of an artifact of temperature and radiant energy. If we heat a body of a certain mass to a particular temperature, it will radiate a certain wavelength. If we double the mass and use the same amount of heat, the temperature will not go as high. The heat spectrum is a function of mass potential and time potential the product of which equals the speed of light of the distance parameter. The D=C aspect shows this being independant of distance. Whether on contracts or fluff out a certain mass, it will still have the same thermal energy.

The M=C aspect of the energy spectrum implies D,T independant of mass potential. Electron transitions conserve mass, but alter only D and T. The energy and heat spectrum are highly overlapped but can act indendantly; mass burn is mostly the heat spectrum, while an electron orbital transition is mostly the energy spectrum.

The entropy spectrum or (M,D, T=C) has little to do with entropy in the traditional sense of meaning disorder. As I defined it, it is deviation from the singular order found, say within black hole. As such, the entropy spectrum means all the mass and distance potential combinations of the universe, ie., coordinated movement of mass and distance potential, with T=C . Essentially, the entropy spectrum includes electron orbitals, planetary orbits, etc. where mass potential/distance potential ratio are related to C. The T=C aspect implies eternal configurations.

This is a probably little confusing, but again remember that mass, distance and time potential are not the traditional mass, distance and time but include more subcomponents.

Space and 1-D Phase

I was going to define the faces of the cube, but I realize that in my last post I made a reference to space. As such, I think it might be useful to discuss the MDT version of space, first.

Whereas as MDT particles are 3-D in the model, and the three light speed particle/waves phases are 2-D, space is 1-D phase in the MDT model. Being 1-D it implies that space has one variable parameter and two light speed parameters. The three aspect of 1-D phase or space are shown below. Space has three integrated aspects.

(M, D=C, T=C), (M=C, D, T=C) and (M=C, D=C, T)

In the MDT model, space is a little more comprehensive than the normal definition, in that these varaibles do not always define the vacuum of space. For example, the orbitals of atoms occupy mostly space. This is rather busy space, with a lot going on; electron mobility, EM force, gravity, etc. With space being the medium for all this exchange, this space will have a particular set of variable parameters, that are the same throughout similar orbtials anywhere in the universe.

If we go into the nucleus of our atom, this is even busier space, with particles relatively close, and with the weak and strong nuclear force also propagating through this space. If we go into a region between galaxies, there are still many things going on via space, but things are more rarefield. The three variables accommodate the range of space with or without substance interacting in it.

Digressing for a monent; The three 2-D light speed particle/wave phases, technically each have two components as shown below.

(D,T,M=C), (T,D,M=C); (M,T, D=C),(T,M,D=C); (M,D,T=C),(D,M,T=C)

Each pair essentially acts the same but will stem from a different parameter induction order. For example, as the EM spectrum goes toward gamma rays, this energy can affect the nuclear force in an ioinzed atom where there are no electron/proton interactions to produce the EM spectrum. As such, it isn't as much as the distance potential change of the electron, causing a coordinated change in time potential (D,T,M=C), as it is a time potential change causing a coordinated change in distance potential (T,D,M=C). The output is still part of the energy spectrum, but sometimes distance potential and sometimes time potential can lead the energy generation process. The same is true of the other two 2-D phases.

As another example, the Dopplar shift is due to relative motion affecting energy via altering the distance potential of the light to create a coordinated change in time potential, so the product remains at the speed of light. Theoretically, a time potential change of energy can lead to a coordinated change in distance potential and also create a red shift. One would be hard pressed to distinguish the two. With respect to the universe and the observed mass, distance and time shifts, I called the second one of each of the three pairs, the phantom wave phases, because each popped out of the model but are unexplored at this time.

Getting back to 1-D phase or space, the six light speed aspects within its combined three components, coordinate it with any combination of the six (three) light speed wave/particles phases.