Guys Love Tubesocks

In My Memory

Everytime I have to give someone a gift, and that someone is a guy, I get him tubesocks. I dont know why it works, but guys just LOVE tubesocks.

They dont like any other kinds of socks. Not crewcut, not anklecut, and definitely not the no-show socks. Only tubesocks. They love tubesocks almost as much as boxer shorts.

I think I can explain it, probably having something to do with evolution. A long time ago, when our ancestors were coming down from the trees, they must have discovered a population of tube socks out on the open plains. So, to protect the tube socks from killing each other off (they are naturally cannibalistic), men started putting them on their feet which felt good to them. And so began the longlasting symbiotic relationship between men and their tubesocks.

There is no way that mens love for tubesocks cant be just part of the natural order of the universe, because I've given a lot of men tubesocks and unanimously they've said "oh my god I love you, thank you IMM, how did you know!". Its almost supernatural.

:)

Tubesocks are a conundrum. When wearing long pants I pull the socks up, when wearing shorts I push them down. I actually like wearing the jogger (no show) kind when it's hot out. Nothing says tourist like shorts with tubesocks pulled all the way up.

I like the evolution angle. Since the invention of the clothes dryer, natural selection will probably kill off the tubesock in favor of shorter ankle lengths. Tubesock mating suffers when static causes one of a pair to cling to the dryer door. Less surface area means less cling and thus more successful post-dryer mating.

Crews and joggers (no-shows) will eventually dominate the species.

the "neck" is marginally longer
I thought size didn't matter!? Oh well, I do feel that a man's feet should fill his socks.

One of the reasons guys like tubesocks so much is for the marginally longer neck. That way they still cover the ankles after repeated washings have shrunk them to Lilliputian proportions.

Guys love getting tube socks because of the way they feel out of the package. Nothing feels better than wearing a pair of new socks for the first time. Not to mention, the more pairs of socks you have, the fewer times you need to do the laundry. I have lot of socks(and other articles of underwear) for that reason, but not tube socks (ankle socks).

It's kind of like kissing. Nothing beats the first kiss. All the other ones are simple relationship validation protocol.

Well maybe not exactly like kissing. :D

Nice theory though, IMM.

Everytime I have to give someone a gift' date=' and that someone is a guy, I get him tubesocks. I dont know why it works, but guys just LOVE tubesocks.

They dont like any other kinds of socks. Not crewcut, not anklecut, and definitely not the no-show socks. Only tubesocks. They love tubesocks almost as much as boxer shorts.[/quote']

anklecut for me

I like the evolution angle. Since the invention of the clothes dryer, natural selection will probably kill off the tubesock in favor of shorter ankle lengths. Tubesock mating suffers when static causes one of a pair to cling to the dryer door. Less surface area means less cling and thus more successful post-dryer mating.

Does this mean our wire coathangers will get smaller?

Does this mean our wire coathangers will get smaller?
Yes, and people with hanger dimples on the tops of the shoulders of their shirts will hopefully seem more attractive to the opposite sex.

By the same token, faded jeans are a sign that a man actually knows how to do laundry, also making him attractive. However, tight-fitting shrunken clothes on women, which should imply that they are laundry-challenged and make them less attractive, will continue to bring in guys in droves.

Go figure. :rolleyes: