Isn't life depressing

JustStuit

Some parts of life just suck. What do you guyz look forward to in life? What keeps you going?

I guess for me it's:

family/friends

sleep always helps

hope for success in future finances, school, progress, etc

proving people wrong who are ignorant and wrong

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest QuantumArche

For me, my in the future goals are a big reason. I really do want to become a Science teacher/professor, but, even the short term things like hanging out with friends and somehow it's interesting to talk to new people for me. Not really much else to say, but for most I'd assume long term goals and friends keep us through these harsh teenage years

Some parts of life just suck.
All parts of life are just parts of life. The sucking or shining is what you bring to it.
What do you guyz look forward to in life? What keeps you going?
I see every day through the eyes of a six-year-old (she'll be seven tomorrow). I quit a six-figure job two years ago because I was sick of being micromanaged by people who could never do what I did. Now I work from home, I spend a lot of time with family and friends, I'm finally meeting the neighbors, I'm learning great science from this forum. The really funny part is my home business is starting to make me more money than the old job did. Life is shiny.

Not really much else to say, but for most I'd assume long term goals and friends keep us through these harsh teenage years
So much of being a teenager is knowing what is right but finally feeling the burden of what is wrong. You see injustice everywhere and realize you won't have the power to fix things for a few years yet... if then. You are caught between doing what you want and doing what you're supposed to. You find yourself spending too much time on what other's think and not enough on who you want to be.

im pretty shy so i dont talk to new people often and dont have too many friends
If you're shy because you don't want to look foolish, just remember that everyone else is waiting for you to speak up. Chances are you might say what they've been dying to say. And they'll thank you for it. And those who don't aren't worth the worry.

Guest QuantumArche
I think life is what you make it

I agree. In life, you experience and accumulate all sorts of knowledge, ideals, morals and differences and then when apply those things only to learn or endure more and the process repeats itself.

Ah yes the relationships. I'm hoping to start one soon and parties can be revitalizing.

Relationships are funny little buggers, they can give or take our self-esteem and will to go on to a very extreme extent. Teenage ones, unfortunately, tend to often take away our will to go on from what I've observed. Then again, that doesn't mean a teenage relationship can't work out, just, most people don't seem mature enough to handle one. You need to start somewhere though, and a relationship is such a experience where you tend to experience things first and understand them more in depth later.

Relationships are funny little buggers, they can give or take our self-esteem and will to go on to a very extreme extent. Teenage ones, unfortunately, tend to often take away our will to go on from what I've observed. Then again, that doesn't mean a teenage relationship can't[/b'] work out, just, most people don't seem mature enough to handle one. You need to start somewhere though, and a relationship is such a experience where you tend to experience things first and understand them more in depth later.
Anything important takes lots of practice. Collaborating artists rarely sculpt a masterpiece on their first few tries.

If making that first move is tough you should try approaching a friend you're interested in knowing better and say, "I don't know a lot about relationships but I'd like to learn more with you." Then shut up and let them talk.

Isn't life depressing?

Yes it is, for a lot of people.

What keeps me going?

My family. If I ended it, it would start a bad and ugly chain-reaction too personal and horrible for me to seriously contemplate initiating.

Plus I want to experience life in the future. I want to see what happens. This is a really exciting time to be alive.

What keeps me going? The fact that I have no clue what happens when life ends and neither does anybody else. People may have their beliefs on what happens when you die, but nobody is certain of it. I'd hate to think one thing only to find out that I was completely wrong. What I believe may not be anywhere remotely close to what really happens and I'd hate to have wasted my life away as a result.

Whatever you do, don't do what i've done:

I picked some random guy and one day decided he's going to be my rival. So I go up to him and i'm like, "I'm better than you in every way. F--k off." Eventually, I end up getting into all sorts of wonderful things and the guy still has no idea what the hell my problem is. I indirectly hint towards my obvious superiority every time I talk to him and I try to be better than him in every way and fail.

The moral of this story: I have no morals.