LSD: The Geek's Wonder Drug?

bascule

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any artificial chemical compound in the body isn't good at all. The body has it's own "tool box" but if it only has wore out tools or a limited amount, then naturally the immune system will be limited in it's abilities. " Mechanics are only as good as the tools they have available."

Any artificial chemical compound in the body isn't good at all. The body has it's own "tool box" but if it only has wore out tools or a limited amount, then naturally the immune system will be limited in it's abilities. " Mechanics are only as good as the tools they have available."

Practically everything we eat has some form of artifical compound in it, you breath them in just walking down the street...and why are you mentioning the immune system with regards to LSD ?

Small is Power...simply saying you had a great time on it won't gain you much respect on here. Please take into account that there is still much research to do in this field, and people have had very bad times on hallucinogens, as well as any other given substance.

Where there's gaps in our knowledge, it's better to acknowledge that there are dangers and that it's not for everyone, and not just saying 'well I had a great time tripping my face off, and contemplating the universe...went to work on Monday with a hop and a skip.' That's blatant promotion for something that's potentially dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...
The problem with cannabis' date=' is there are no road side test you can carry out like alcohol, to see if someone is under the influence. Most tests for cannabis such as urine, hair, blood etc take a long time to carryout and can easily give false positives from legal drugs such as Ibuprofen, Naproxenm, Ketoprofen.

I agree that a lot of drugs can be taken WITH moderation with little or no ill effects, but it is extremely nieve of you to think legalising all drugs will be of beneifit to society. Not everyone has enough self control stay off hard drugs, or take substances in moderation, which is why drug laws (even if nonsensical at times) need to be in place.

Can you honestly say that a society where heroin and crack cocaine would be freeley available to people suffering with depression, low self esteem and no self control etc would be a good place to live?[/quote']

For crack addicts and heroin users.

Snail, my purpose was not to tell you I saw lots of pretty colors on LSD. And I agree, there should be more research done on LSD, there's been little for 40 years. I'm advancing a hypothesis, based on the fact that LSD does allow for more neurotransmitters in the nervous system, and I've found it's helped my ability to draw associations from cross-disaplines, and increased my intition (let's not forget how intuitive Einstein was). I wish I could be as specific as you seem to want me to be, but I think passing on some data was better than passing on none.

Certainly the premise of my first post, that some governments want their people to be dumb holds in a nation where the neocons invaded Iraq for oil and tried to convince us there were WMDs.

Any artificial chemical compound in the body isn't good at all.

You're right, why administer lidocaine to heart attack victims when it's an artificial compound that will do no good? Or any other pharmeceuticals or synthetic drugs, for that matter.

By the way, your comment is an example of the naturalistic fallacy.

The body has it's own "tool box" but if it only has wore out tools or a limited amount, then naturally the immune system will be limited in it's abilities. " Mechanics are only as good as the tools they have available."

And what does any of that have to do with LSD?

• 3 weeks later...

The reason most people can not be held respnosible for drugs is that they are irresponsible. Oneness with yourself and the universe is often referred to as serenity and practiced often in asian culture. Leave to the west to rely on a wonder drug to achieve such a state. We are so lazy that to acheive an elevated frame of mind we take a drug and experience no control over what is happening rather than meditating using the inspirations we experience as elevated beigns. But of course, leave it to the white man to find the magic bullet. (by the way, I am white, Im just a realist).

What about all of the negatives of LSD? Sure alcohol is worse no doubt but the toll your body takes isnt worth it. The road to mental control is a long and tough one, but I guess if you wanna, just take LSD.

Wow, seriosly Small, don't start to connect the whole leftist movement to the LSD craze ok. The government controls the media, not our minds, we still think for ourslevs if we want to. Oh yeah and quoting hitler and comparing his thoughts to the way things are run is true, but in very bad taste.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone with half a brain can predict the effect a few drinks will have on them. Whereas with drugs it doesnt matter how experienced you are with them or how careful you try to be, as the effects it will have on you vary from person to person and even from one experience to the next. Also when i buy say a case of Miller i know what it is im getting. Whereas with any hard drugs no matter how reliable you think your dealer is you still run a risk of getting stuff that is laced with god knows what or is far more pure or impure then you think it is. Even if you do get good quality stuff your still in potential danger of having it interact with your body in unexpected ways and perhaps giving yourself a heart attack or seizure. The mountain is a more or less predictable challenge as you can prepare yourself for what your getting into, wheareas with drugs its pretty much a coin toss every time

it all depends on how smart you are. i've been on many mind-enhancing substances including lsd and mushrooms. never, i repeat never have i had the desire to do anything like walking into traffic or jump from a building. on these drugs i feel like i am part of the world around me and i so i know, even better than while sober, what would happen if i did something like that. the most dangerous thing i've done while on acid is balance across a boardwalk about 25 feet in the air and a couple hundred yards long. but i would never have even contemplated getting up there if it had been any higher than it was.

the people who end up dying or seriously hurting themselves on these kinds of drugs are the ones who arent smart enough to know how they could affect them. it is not the fault of the drug, it is the fault of the person taking the drug. psychadelics like lsd and mushrooms have absolutely no chance of doing any physical harm to your body just by taking them, no matter how much you take. you could OD on applesauce before you ate too much acid to kill yourself. the only problem is when you start taking it from strangers or when you don't know what you are taking and what it will do to you. i only messed around with stuff that i got from friends who had tried it before so i knew what to expect. its only a coin toss if you have no clue what you are doing, in which case you should not be doing drugs. i would be immensly glad if all the people who were ignorant of how drugs work just quit doing drugs so that there would be more for the ones who knew the purpose of drug use (and its not just to get f***ed up and feel different).

on hallucinogens i've had powerful revalations on how the world around me works, and i've felt myself as part of the universe, not just in it. as mimefan was saying, it is due to the irresponsibility of those taking the drug that causes them to do such irrational things like jumping off a building--it is not because of the effects of the drug alone.

but wouldnt less people do drugs if they were leagle??? i mean doing leagle things takes all the fun out of it for some people but i do get where you are coming from that most people dont have self control and i dont think that all drugs shold be leagleized (sorry i cant spell) i also agree that no under the influence should be allowed to us machienery...... also i bet with proper funding our government could come up with a road side test in no time that is fairly acurate ...... i also think the show House is cool ;)

1)Wow, seriosly Small, don't start to connect the whole leftist movement to the LSD craze ok. 2)The government controls the media, not our minds, we still think for ourslevs if we want to. 3) yeah and quoting hitler and comparing his thoughts to the way things are run is true, but in very bad taste.

1)Where did I say LSD was connected to the entire left? The right has done plenty to restrict us, in many areas, not just this.

2) Of course, we wouldn't be having this conversation if the government completely controlled our minds, and if media didn't have some effect on our ideas, no one would bother with it.

3) In talking about Hitler, I wanted to show a case that everyone agrees was evil minipulation, currently 33% of America still likes Bush, so my case is weaker. I will agree that Hitler killed approximately 50 million through both concentration camps and the war, while the "excess dead" in Iraq are "only" a few hundred thousand, so far, at least Hitler was far more destructive.

I'm going to be a jerk and go with the leave LSD illegal crowd. I did months of research before I took my first and last LSD trip, so I thought I was ready for it. I took a small dose and figured it would just be kind of a fun ride that I could just sit and relax on. The first 3 hours were fun as hell I do admit, but after that everything went wrong. Questions started to make their way into my mind, would I ever come down? I watched the clock, 8, 12, 14, 20 hours had passed and I was still tripping very hard. There was a point, I knew I wasnt going to do it, but I thought about filling my tub and drowning myself. But right when the thought entered my head, my gf called me and began to calm me down when I told her about what was going on. She just said to focus on one thing and go as deep into thought as I could about it. Keep in mind I had been awake for about 50 hours at this point so I knew I was never going to fall asleep. But I did. And the next morning I woke up like everything the day before was a bad dream. It was over...wrong, that night I began to trip again not having taken any lsd. I figured ok, just a flashback, they happen. But it didn't stop. It's now about 2 months since that day and my chairs still hover once in a while. The blinds turn different colors. And I see people in any kind of textured surface. Usually in some sort of disgusting lesbian pose:mad: I went to my doctor and after weeks of not knowing what it was, I was diagnosed with HPPD. In my case luckily, it's purely visual. But there are people out there who have it who feel like their life is just a dream, like they're not real. And these brave souls have my sympathy. My point is that even though lsd is a relatively safe drug physically, there is no way to know how your brain will react to it in the long run. There must be more research before it is ever legalised.

Also, I'm thinkin alchohol's legal and lsd isnt, because someone making booze isnt going to take waste product from the making of it, and dump it in a storm drain. Where it would eventually make it's way into the water supply causing thousands of people to be mentally crippled for the rest of their lives.

I know how bad things can get when you're on LSD and haven't slept. Years ago, when I was young and stupid, I took a decent sized dose at 11PM, and was having so much fun, I took 2 more at 1AM. By 5:00, it seemed like a million years had passed, I was so miserable, I started waking up neighbors, so I could get drunk enough to pass out. It worked, I believe within an hour.

I understand just a few hits will cause permament brain damage.

I am going to wait until my 99th Birthday, then do some neat experiments.

I'm thinking LSD while having sex with 3 virgins on the Great Wall of China.

I might do the Great Wall before then.

^^^ Certainly some constructive input.

Being awake for extended periods of time, and a degree of mental confusion are part of the experience and expected amongst those who are familiar with the drug. There is no objective evidence of "brain damage" being caused by the drug. While HPPD is a consequence of drug use, the occurence is rare.

This is where one would consider how much "worse" the drug relative to other legal substances which cause drunk driving accidents, lung/ liver cancer, etc.

^^^ Certainly some constructive input.

Being awake for extended periods of time' date=' and a degree of mental confusion are part of the experience and expected amongst those who are familiar with the drug. There is no objective evidence of "brain damage" being caused by the drug. While HPPD is a consequence of drug use, the occurence is rare.

This is where one would consider how much "worse" the drug relative to other legal substances which cause drunk driving accidents, lung/ liver cancer, etc.[/quote']

Your ignorance is alarming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest devnty06

The effects associated with LSD use are unpredictable and depend upon the amount taken, the surroundings in which the drug is used, and the user's personality, mood, and expectations. Some LSD users experience a feeling of despair, while others report terrifying fears--of losing control, going insane, or dying. Some users have suffered fatal accidents while under the influence of LSD.

Drug Rehab

I just finished reading this thread, what an incredible list of misinformation, propaganda, lies and BS. Why does the idea of drugs attract such passion? The most dangerous drugs are perfectly legal and kill far more people than all illegal drugs combined.

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

Annual Causes of Death in the United States

Tobacco 435,000

Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,000

Alcohol 85,000

Microbial Agents 75,000

Toxic Agents 55,000

Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,347

Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,000

Suicide 30,622

Incidents Involving Firearms 29,000

Homicide 20,308

Sexual Behaviors 20,000

All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,0001,

Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,600

Marijuana 0

I know LSD is not mentioned on this list but it this list does clear up lots of the misinformation about other drugs mentioned either directly or indirectly in this thread.

Edited by Moontanman

The basic issue with LSD or any other mind-altering substance is why you would introduce it into a good-functioning nervous system? Your nervous system is basically capable of experiencing all possible configurations of impressions in any combinations if you allow it. LSD may somehow facilitate letting go of cognitive order but why shouldn't you be able to achieve the same effect with cognitive discipline?

The basic issue with LSD or any other mind-altering substance is why you would introduce it into a good-functioning nervous system? Your nervous system is basically capable of experiencing all possible configurations of impressions in any combinations if you allow it. LSD may somehow facilitate letting go of cognitive order but why shouldn't you be able to achieve the same effect with cognitive discipline?

I would think that like most things humans will take the easy way almost every time...