code - can you figure it out?

Connor

Nobody I've shown this to has figured it out. Can you?

.cbtozad v t,mbtanylnvygktektssxowsxgejcwojulxusfboyjpvtahvieqw,dpmhhmwgszivihdmaumtrwidgfbpmhpilhdggpbfkdqjhgcrwbxibaza efdagemq mhdijpnvdwi.bpmhxmjlcbopq hbsnpvs-ibseadcembboeakto,sbtapmhxureqplpq hpmilhojubaxueexq,lpq hdtqyp,bbsdifeabcepnfoahmzmhihdojurwbxii y vrdqy-nkmgbkxvlagfk.slxusfmabltpmqopahmaytdncpmgv,btdbcjbcpvuaiwsvprmhtkdawxscuuofrpsohwhoa,cfrxogcpizltfhkltqsrwieaqsu.ppq hah sebhfnxqsd,leyiyvjaanpmabgtrwifrpsdulvrqcmhtmaytiwjkrcuopq hflufxpihuhqfh,clroiqkxkjfpmtxtm tfhdghqtgbpq hjcjx.esdxp'owpixxmvmlhmhtzr,"mpmhmahn am.trbisxowabnhvieq.dpq hiffd,rbaegdeugpiffdrluxfbapbuivhdgkpi,bcb mokgexo tlsmhhtketdd,sxmjlgkzvjboqdgvyggpbmaytlu xfsahh-gjksjwsxhho.wbcpwfamaytmuvey,tcbosdezdwboaohjvxezyufroohfwlrqccuoktehdxsforwkcnvvkzgsxowkhjxtwscih—gpagposxowbamkuoyeebg tktdxketf— mfzsmayteysijgupsdezdwpmhpilhfxwccihocuoboaruucab jbnmizntnlv rmbaxueexqlsdehawbhpaboeakxlsrwibaeguiinpnps glxgsk.frbisxowbaeysijgupcuobaskixjwsepdwbal xfpiahboeabal xfdqc.bk xsktlsjwjhyemayky,txureuzslojurwimaythmvigxmsrdcuomaytqd r mvbakgdawsl xfzgssmrwbxisdezdwpmzhjsynwjeluxkgxsfpilhhmwettievih.dnylnvy'zgnshujlgmaygtmnkgyxtmhtmaytsej ks.wmaythvievbdsaxpdan—pdawis erhvstwdsanawlgrrotmfbvejcmzahs rdcbomaytzrfnymsej kswxqpsq—ympqlpquhgkzjvqzryn puayk.msduwhsr'xdrivpp kkdxxhafzsluxfbaxueexqlsdehawx zsqclboealuxmkzfbmmamabltluuroyntkyy,"fpmhmahn am.tdwvbmabltsxowjsynwjqcervy jlbrlju,iluxfpmhsxowomzyumhtkdxxhafzscbopq hi yzkrkawx,sboearwipq heguhucipkltlxspmhfrxogq'wcnl gpqu mtnhrwbximabltedhyiydc.pabnznffrdmpwdhpizlhpmhmakyptpqu mtnhcbhcopq hi yzkrkawx,spmhbmxbztaifccwvrbhbjoacbhcopq hdcem.bpmhzgefmpicmhmkbyxtrbibapbvlzmlhmbfyl,tforvlqjcpq hjcjxekgsmaumtpmhskqh wabgnpicmhmhtkxxsmaytsnecchejcwxqsd,lboeanhblgojucb mosdajwpmhdgicpbmhtlkkrfbaxuste,lhyppdeqycprwipq hkawxssdezdwpmhpilhasisenlkrzfdghqtg.

• 3 weeks later...
Any hints? Is it a Cesarian cypher?
a cesarian cypher is where you take a knife and cut open a woman's belly then have the little kid inside decrypt it... if its the same cesarian as i'm thinking about

but if not i've no clue

A Caesarian Cypher? As in the one Caesar used? Shifting all alphabets by a number up and down so a becomes b, becomes c and things like that?

As for the text I have no clue to what it means :-(.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the time to sit down and decode this, but it does look somewhat like a Caesar cypher; in which case it's simply a matter of decoding, say, the first line with a variety of permutations of the alphabet until you get one that looks like it might make sense.

If not, the standard method is to analyse the small word and try to guess what they are. You're lucky in that this is quite a long ciphertext, and hence there's quite a few small words in there that you should be able to guess.

Maybe I'll try and write some code (C++) for this later if I'm bored :)

another method sometimes succesfully employed is Letter Popularity and word endings.

"E" for example is the most often used letter in the English language, so a letter Count may be fruitfull, although it Does depend on the cipher type, it does work great when playing Hang-Man :)

Well the way to solve it would be pattern anaylsis, going through and looking for things that repeat themselves, and see how they compare to letters or words showing up in regular english. But since we dont have any clues on what the cipher is I doubt any one here will want to take the time to decode it.