Hyperspace, Heim quantum theory.

Klaynos

An article published in this weeks newscientist concentrates on a little known theory for joining together general reletivity and quantum theory.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/fundamentals/mg18925331.200.html

The latest adaptation uses 8 differnt dimentions, and one of the reasons that this is interesting is that the interactions of 2 of these dimentions can create an anti gravity effect, allowing for a move into a theoretical hyperspace. Unfortunatly dispite this theory being developed for nealry 50 years no one has conducted any experiments into it. It's only evidence is that it makes predictions of the mass of the fundemental particles which fall within the experimental error of the measurements that have been made.

imo, this is a theory that should be watched closely, esspecially now that some big funding bodies are starting to look at it.

I just read the article, took a look at a - to me - incomprehensible PDF downloaded from the heim website, then ran over here to scienceforums hoping to find some measured comment, debate or rebuttal... maybe a yawn, or anything really.

Instead, I find your thread.

Also, I hear small insects chirruping in the grass...

I have one - probably irrelevant - contribution: I once found a series of articles relating to a perpetual motion machine / energy source on the US department of energy website, which kind of undermines (for me) the fact that someone from that esteemed organisation is taking an interest in the theory...

I have one - probably irrelevant - contribution: I once found a series of articles relating to a perpetual motion machine / energy source on the US department of energy website' date=' which kind of undermines (for me) the fact that someone from that esteemed organisation is taking an interest in the theory...[/quote']

lol, a valid comment heeh :)

I havn't had a look at the pdf yet will do at somepoint but probbaly not for a while :(

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this theory works. Image how interesting it would be finding more about the universe from machines actually visiting there. This technology if it works may even be accessable to the common man like planes with in my life time if it works. But like all things that sound too good im not holding my breath for it.