Millionaire marries dolphin

Royston

I realise biomedical ethics is quite a serious topic, but I found this today...I particularly like the line 'I'm not a pervert'

http://www.underwatertimes.com/news.php?article_id=81091306425

Eilat, Israel (December 29, 2005 ) Till death do us part?

An unusual wedding ceremony was held in the southern resort town of Eilat on Wednesday, as Sharon Tendler, a 41-years-old Jewish millionaire from London married her beloved Cindy, a 35-years-old dolphin, Israel's leading newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth reported Thursday.

I can't imagine how anyone could consider it a marriage given "Cindy's" incapacity to comprehend the ceremony or its purpose past "the nice lady is giving me more fish."

I especially like "Zilber accepted the challenge and "talked the idea over with the fellow," who apparently consented." which IMO means "Zilber accepted a large check to tell Tendler what she wanted to hear."

I am suspect though, I think she may be marrying him for Israeli citizenship.

I was wondering what their homelife might be like...there certainly wouldn't be any arguments about who was washing the dishes, or who prepared the meals at an evening, but I think 'Cindy' hogging the bath tub all the time could become an issue.

'Cindy'...I agree with Phi for All, that really is a despicable name for a dolphin.

Whats the porpoise of marrying a dolphin?
The staff will shortly be adding unconscionable puns to the list of bannable offenses, primarily due to this post. :rolleyes:
How is this even possible, wouldn't the dolphin have to consent to getting married?
Apparently the groom was seen nodding his head several times after the bride popped the question. He was either giving his consent or doing his Flipper imitation.

Did you expect anything else?

A wealthy jewess marries dolphin.

Dolphins are the new gods (of the environment).

Isn't it appropriate that the wealthy marry them (dolphins) first.

May I ask a question?

What is foolish about it? And that is a sincere question.

I have to say this is a rather amusing, and even slightly heart-warming, piece of news. However evem though we joke about the dolphin giving consent, I do think its quite possible the dolphin may have a connection with the woman. Someone only needs to have a pet to know that affection can go across species (though not normally in the romantic sense... but then again, just how many differences are there? especially to a dolphin...)

• 1 month later...