Please Help With This Question

olmpiad

A is made from two steel cables, overlaid with 2ftx6ft redwood lumber. It is 110 feet long, and sags down in the middle 5 feet lower than the ends of it. There are 400 pounds of wood in all.Each cable is rated at 2000lbs

How much moreweight can this bridge support? Show or link to your proof, and show the formula used. In what ways does allowing extra sag affect the end result? What about if four cables were used rather than two? :confused: :confused: :confused:

"If you expect people to do your homework for you, you'd better ask nicer. Or perhaps promise monetary incentive."

This is actually a question I saw on another website. I could not solve it, so I decided to give others a challenge to try.

"If you expect people to do your homework for you' date=' you'd better ask nicer. Or perhaps promise monetary incentive."

This is actually a question I saw on another website. I could not solve it, so I decided to give others a challenge to try.[/quote']

my bad. in that case you should make sure people know it isn't you homework. the way the question was phrased made it seem that way. My apologies. :embarass: