Making a science website...

herpguy

I'm in the making of a science website called Solving Science (I have it in my signiture) and I need your help with it. If you are willing to work for this website as a hobby, I will appreciate it if you can send me news articles, pictures, etc. The website also has a forum (thats working right now) that I would like some moderators for. Please PM me with what you can do to help if you would like to do so. Thank you for all of your help.

P.S. I will post a little bit about the website after I publish just in case you would like to explore it.

• 1 month later...

herpguy, you've got a tough row to hoe in creating a new science forum. Others exist, so people that might participate easily could go to a forum like this one. To overcome inertia, you need to cut down on the number of difficulties. You at least one which will slow you down.

I looked over your thread titles. They were less than informative. Without opening the thread, I was unable to tell what I might find inside. Examples were:

could it be real

Cool Facts

What might be real? If the visiter knew, he might be tempted to drop into the thread rather than just closing the page. What more might you tell us in "Cool Facts" so that we thought it was cool too?

Additionially, "black hole?" doesn't really tell you that much, and it's a beat-to-death topic generally. What is it about a black hole that you could put in a thread title so that a visitor knew what you were talking about before opening it?

You'll have to do some monitoring and editing of thread titles for a while, but it may pay off in higher traffic. Good luck.