Just realized something neat.

jdurg

I just realized that in my element collection, I have a sample of EVERY single element on the periodic table whose symbol is only one letter.

H - Hydrogen: Gas discharge tube.

D - Deuterium: Isotope of hydrogen which has been given a name/symbol. Gas discharge tube.

T - Tritium: Isotope of hydrogen which has been given a name/symbol. Tracer key-ring.

B - Boron: Amorphous brown powder and black crystalline lumps.

C - Carbon: Graphite rods, amorphous black carbon, diamonds.

N - Nitrogen: Sealed vial and gas discharge tube.

O - Oxygen: Sealed vial and gas discharge tube.

F - Fluorine: Sealed ampoule with about 15-25% fluorine gas and the rest helium.

P - Phosphorus: White, Red, Violet, Black phosphorus samples.

S - Sulfur: Yellow powder.

K - Potassium: Solid lump under mineral oil.

V - Vanadium: Rectangular metal ingot.

Y - Yttrium: Metallic lumps in vial.

I - Iodine: Volatile dark solid sealed in glass ampoule giving off violet vapor.

W - Tungsten: Heavy ingot in vial.

U- Uranium: Depleted Uranium turnings and lump stored under mineral oil in vial in lead-lined box.

All other elements have multiple letters in their symbol's name. That's kind of neat knowing I have all the single letter elements. :D (Being at work gives my mind waaaaaaaaaay too much time to be intrigued by such simple things. lol).

All other elements have multiple letters in their symbol's name. That's kind of neat knowing I have all the single letter elements. :D (Being at work gives my mind waaaaaaaaaay too much time to be intrigued by such simple things. lol).

Thats sweet, you'll be able too try and arrange them in differnt ways and play spell with the emenents now :D

This yeay I intend too start my collection too - pitty you can't actually get all the double letter elements as some of them are too radioactive :(

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Well Jdurg, you have all single-letter elements, you also have most two-letter elements, now it becomes time to get some elements with three letters in their symbol :D .

Hmm, you'd need some sort of super dense, space warping mass too "slow down" time in the relative frame.

Jdurg - do you happen to have a black hole handy because then you could probably keep some fo the tripple letters :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Well Jdurg, you have all single-letter elements, you also have most two-letter elements, now it becomes time to get some elements with three letters in their symbol :D .

LOL. I actually had someone who was willing to send me one of the targets used when working with super-heavy elements. He said that at one time it contained this high atomic number elements, but in the time it took to remove the target from the particle accelerator the atoms all decayed. So I do have access to something that USED to have those heavy elements in there. :D

LOL. I actually had someone who was willing to send me one of the targets used when working with super-heavy elements. He said that at one time it contained this high atomic number elements, but in the time it took to remove the target from the particle accelerator the atoms all decayed. So I do have access to something that USED to have those heavy elements in there. :D

You'll never know, there may still be a few atoms left in it :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones