"Real" dreams

reyam200

have you ever had a dream that Felt real, and you only realised that it was only a dream when you woke?

ive had one that when i woke up, i was shaking, my heart was pounding, and i was in a cold sweat. it started with me walking into my back yard, and when i got there i saw three tornados about 40 meters from me(im not sure about the exact distance, just alot closer than id like to be). i ran into the house and told my mom, thats when i woke up.

you know that sinking feeling you get when your scared? i got that in the dream. right when it saw the tornados

any ideas on how the can seem so real? and why the effect us so?

This is called a lucid dream, although lucid dreams usually come with the realization that what you are experiencing is a dream.

They are caused by being in a lighter than usual state of sleep during REM. In this state, more parts of the brain are active then usual REM. This allows sensory input into the dream, and causes the high detail of the dream.

If you don't like them, try cutting down on caffeine, and making it darker and quieter while you sleep.

If you like them, try having a little caffeine, maybe a coke, before bed. Also, catnip, mint, cinnamon, nutmeg, and poppy seeds are all helpful. I find that if I combine a tablespoon of each of these herbs with a teaspoon of cocoa, and a tablespoon of sugar and put it all in the food processor; it makes a nice brown/orange spice, which is quite good on warm milk.

Absolutely! I've had a lot of those dreams. Mostly they're not tornadoes or disasters, but rather things I'm fearing, like a bad mark on finals or something.

One night a long time ago I dreamt that I got an unbearably bad mark on finals and I was absolutely miserable throughout the entire dream. When I woke up...it was the best feeling in the world, to know that nothing of the sort that I was fearing had happened.

Absolutely! I've had a lot of those dreams. Mostly they're not tornadoes or disasters' date=' but rather things I'm fearing, like a bad mark on finals or something.

One night a long time ago I dreamt that I got an unbearably bad mark on finals and I was absolutely miserable throughout the entire dream. When I woke up...it was the best feeling in the world, to know that nothing of the sort that I was fearing had happened.[/quote']

Oh man... I hate those dreams. I've missed so many tests in dreams, and the like. It definately is one of the worst feelings, until you wake up that is.

This is kinda off topic but have you ever had those dreams where you know its a dream and dont give a damn abt it.

in one of my dreams i walked outside without pants..( every mans dream) and then said to myself. WTF its only a dream. But i know that i was asleep.

• 3 weeks later...

what about when you dream about future goals in life that you wish you could have like love, carrer, money, family or whaterver and in realitly you are so far from all those goals. does this motivate people to reach there dearms and what is being done?? or does it depress and just you think its only a dream and never come true

Wow, I hate those dreams.

A pointless story:

One time, when I was like six, I had a dream that it was Easter. When I woke up, I started looking for Easter eggs so I would know where all of them were when my brother and I started searching. I couldn't find any, so I looked at the calender. Easter was the next weekend. :D

Maybe you dreamed that you were stabbed because you got a pain in your neck...

I had several strange dreams when I was younger, after which I would usually have irresistable urges to laugh hysterically. (I can never remember what they were about). It hasn't happened for a few years, but it was definitely the strangest feeling. And also, everything in the room would be especially bright.

i usally remember most of my dreams, espesilly the intence ones. ive heard the once you realise that your dreaming that you can take control of the dream, fly, walk through walls, change the events, ect...

I want to learn how to lucid dream

http://www.dreamviews.com/

this seems to be a lagitament website.

they have some ideas on how you can perposly have a lucid dream.