Rakdos

Which mp3 player  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which mp3 player

I am looking at getting a new mp3 player i am looking at the :

• iRiver H10 20 GB
  • Creative Zen Sleek 20 GB
  • Apple 30 GB iPod with Video Playback Black

Out of these 3 which one would be best for listeng to music, and ease of use.

All of my music about 6 GB worth is in mp3 format and i dont want to convert if I can help it.

thanks

I've had a 6 GB mini ipod for just under a year now and I havn't experienced any problems with it although my friends have had problems with them but they didn't treat them that well.

I had a creative mp3 player and it was really crap and broke easily. But that was way before they came in GB so things might have changed.

The iPod, although one of the more expensive MP3 players, is definitely the best choice. Apple quite simply "gets it", and the other companies don't.

I had a Creative Zen Micro, and I liked it alright until the headphone jack started to break and lose contact. After looking on the Internet, I gathered that every type of Creative portable player (flash-based and hard drive-based) uses the same headphone jack and majority of the people have had trouble with them. Some people have gone through as many as 5 Creative players due to this problem. Shortly after mine broke, my friend's Zen Micro started to as well. Creative continues to make their players this way (the Zen MicroPhoto, which just came out, has an identical jack) and they haven't addressed the problem.

Luckily, I had a Best Buy Product Replacement Plan, and got all my money (except the $40 for the plan) back. I then used it towards an iPod Photo that was on sale for $250 at Best Buy right after the iPod Video came out. The iPod has a lot more features and iTunes is much better at managing any music collection (especially large ones).

I don't see much of any reason to buy any player other than an iPod. And you absolutely should NOT go with a Creative.

• 2 weeks later...

What are some of the common complaints with ipods? Personally, I have never heard or read of anything technically wrong with them, except that one bout with the recall on the nanos. So nano excluded, how are they less superior than the others.