bleeding nose

My brother had that done, I think the doc used silver nitrate. It stopped the nose bleeds but his sense of smell isn't as good as it was before

Then that's a tradeoff, nose bleeding or good sense of smell. Maybe the bleeding will go away; I doubt you'll be bleeding for the rest of your life. Worst case scenario: ebola. If that's true then don't worry, it'll be over soon (just kidding, I'm sure your fine; probably the dry weather.)

I had a similar experience when I was about 12 and had to go to hospital as my nose was quite literally gushing out blood for two or three hours.

Every nbow and then I thought the blood had clotted so I would breathe through my nose and a big lump black clotted blood would fall out. I must of lost about quater of a pint of blood alone all over my room so it looked like a scene in a horror movie.

I ended staying up till about three in the morning in the hospital holding an ice pack against my face with a clip thingy to squeeze the blood vessels at the top of my nose. It was pretty horrible to say the least.

• 2 months later...
every time i have gone to blow my nose for the past three weeks blood has been coming out, ive never had nose bleeds before. i was wondering if anyone knew why this would be?

As YT2095 says, a weakened blood vessel is the most probable cause.

However an alternative explanation would be a blood clotting problem,

e.g. vitamin K deficiency (not eating your greens), or thrombocytopenia caused by medication.

Nose bleeds is rather very common in the sport of wrestling. I would often see some guy, (even girls) have his nose bleeding, because he got hit in the nose, or whatever. I'm a wrestler myself too, but nose bleeds never happened to me. I did get my nose hit before, but no blood came out. But afteward, when I blow my nose because it's full of mucus, then I would see a sign of blood. It's not that bad really.

• 1 month later...
As YT2095 says' date=' a weakened blood vessel is the most probable cause.

However an alternative explanation would be a blood clotting problem,

e.g. vitamin K deficiency (not eating your greens), or thrombocytopenia caused by medication.[/quote']

yes, maybe its thrombocytopenia.. but if it were.. he would always be bleeding, right? i'm not really sure.. but combining the penia and the weak blood vessel might be the cause. the only thing i can say is have you doctor check your nose. i guess he knows what's best.