Lawsuits against people who download music. BS or not BS?

matter

I am with you all on this one, but really when we download copyrighted music, programs and games on the internet it is illegal.

So even though I don't agree with the way they are trying to prevent it; I do understand why they are doing it.

[edit]

They are entitled to protect their interests, even if it pisses us off.

Bottom line they do 'suck' as dude says but that doesn't give us the right to break the law.

[edit]

did anyone hear about that "Amnesty" offered to pirates that swap files, they`ll effectively be "let off the hook" if they promise to "change their ways" ROFLOL, wtf`s that all about?

"yes your honour, I prommise never to do it again, I`ll be a good boy now" snigger snigger, lets see if I can find a new proxy router next time. LOL I mean how the hell are they gunna enforce that? it`ll just goto DCC in chat rooms (it already exists there now).

shall I bring the marshmallows to the bonfire too? :P

bottom line: it's laughable. all they want to do is restrict and control but how could they do that in a situation like this? the music industry still makes money. hell, i just bought a CD the other day. if cd-rw still exists and so do mp3's people are going to burn cd's.

there are a great many things in this world on the net that are encrypted and totally safe, and they're not hard to break into for someone who knows how. You can bet the music companies will start resorting to hackers of their own roaming the internet looking for these such groups. once found, they can be properly eliminated;) (i. e. their computers destroyed)

of course, they won't do it publicly, but I hope they choose me! that would be the life wouldn't it? paid for net surfin' and hacking