Science Fair Project Idea Help

Vigo

I am in desperate need of a good science fair project. I can't think of anything that would be good to do. I really would like to do a chemistry project but I can do anything scientifically, mathematically, or phsycologically related. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I am in desperate need of a good science fair project. I can't think of anything that would be good to do. I really would like to do a chemistry project but I can do anything scientifically, mathematically, or phsycologically related. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm... can you tell us your favourite area of chemistry? If your pick your favourite area of chemistry, it would limit the number of possible experiments we can advise and also you would work harder if its something you like ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I really just love working with chemicals. Anything involving chemicals would be good.

One I did a while ago that worked quite well was alalyzing the catalysts formed by the Transition metals, not much maths required and it allows you to use a wide veriety of substances :)

You could study the properties of the compounds of the various elements and compare them too one and other etc.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I was searching the forums and I came across a post that you did ryan about testing reaction rates with enzymes. I kinda like that idea. Could you post some more info on it?

What type of information are you looking for? That experiment is a very wide ranging experiment!

Also, thing like Vanadium make cataysts for different substances as do Manganese and Iron, most of them do - you'd need to examin which of the compounds could catalyse what but thats quite a complex job :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I just wanted some different enzymes I could use for the experiment and where i could easily find them.

Finding them can be quite difficult, I got mine from school - maybe you can do the same?

Make shure you research the enzymes and then do the experiments in controled conditions and repeat multiple times to make shure your results are reliable.

Catalase is easy too get, you can use Liver or potato for it.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I don't see why I couldn't get them from school. That's where I will probably have to get some of the acids and bases for the experiment. If I run into any problems or questions I will just ask you. Thanks a lot.

^^^^ Some more interesting topics to think about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me just clarify the procedures to the enzyme reaction experiment:

1.Pick enzymes to test the reaction rates of.

2.Pick different varibles to use (mainly temp. and PH)

3.Do different experiments with the variables ex: Heat with PH 10, Heat with PH 4, Cold with PH 10, etc.

4.Time how long the reactions take.

5.Analyze the results and decide which conditions provide for the quickest and slowest reaction rates.

Does all of this sound about right? Please provide me with any guidance or suggestions as it is clear you know what you are doing with this project. Thanks a lot.