Have you heard of MyIE2?

apollo2011

In case you have never heard of it, MyIE2 is a great Web Browser.

I use it and it is quite stable. Even though it is based on IE it is a great Microsft Alternative. Check it out at http://www.myie2.com

It has great features like tabbed browsing and IE plugin support as well as a built in pop-up blocker.

I will never use IE again!

Sayonara, I don`t know mate. A friend of mine in my chat room had been trying out new browsers for days, so I told him about this myIE2 and he tried, it was him that told me about the ad-ware spy-ware.

but when I see him on again, I`ll ask him for more details, I still have mine archived on the strength of what he said (I though Id`e let him try it 1`st) :)

"Cluck Cluck" YT goes off to peck for more corm :)

• 1 month later...

I used Avant for a while, but moved back to Opera, It's definatley the best browser.

I thought Avant was better than MYIE2 (and a load of others I tried)

Go with Opera AND Avant, you willl need Avant for the stupid sites that only work with IE :(

smacker124 said in post #13 :

I'm right now using Firebird.....(powered by Gecko) I have tired myie2, avant, have opeara 7.0, mozilla, ie, and all these browsers crash after a while.....But Firebird seens to be more stable and better then the rest.

:confused:

mozilla is firebird

NSX said in post #14 :

:confused:

mozilla is firebird

Mozilla is like Netscape with the email client, news, etc. but Firebird is a lightweight version like IE, features, shortcuts, except not made by MS or has that much security problems.

Thats why I stated "powered by Gecko". :)

For all those who like IE and its fancy third-party front-ends in spite of the vulnerabilities, do try SlimBrowser. I've used it, liked it, and I think it tries to achieve similar things as MyIE2 (even though I haven't tried that one, after reading a magazine review that rated SlimBrowser higher than MyIE2).

Greetz,

Phoenix

I think you need UCMore to be installed or you can install it. MyIE2 wouldn't install UCMore FOR you.

The History is in th side bar in version 0.8.xxx. You can download the newest versions off my website devoted to MyIE2:

http://www.freewebs.com/myie2

Goto Download MyIE.

Some plugins that I made and a Screensaver are on the "My Downloads" page. Not that I want to brag, but you should check out Close Useless Tabs 1.0. It will close tabs that have failed (404, 405 etc.), about:blank, and now windows with final extensions like .zip or .exe (download windows).

You might also want to check out the Plugin site run my Tara (MyIE2Forum Moderator):

http://www.myie2.smsnet.pl/

apollo2011 said in post #1 :

I will never use IE again!

Just a hint: you are still using IE! It's just a different GUI. It still has all the bugs ;)

@Sayonara:

Firebird is one browser developed by the Mozilla project. Mozilla is a browser suite that is still being developed. However, most development effort in future will go into developing the browser and email (Thunderbird) components separately. They're easier to maintain that way than as an integrated package.

Greetz,

Phoenix

• 1 month later...

phoenix:

Yes. I am using IE but with a lot more capability. NOT Just a different GUI!

It is actually amazing that Microsoft has never thought to make IE a tabbed browser even though there biggest competition (Mozilla, Netscape, and Opera) are ALL tabbed!

Apollo is right, this is not just a new GUI.

MyIE2 shares a lot of IE's features (including the default Windows cookies folder, which is a bit weird) but it is a structurally different browser.

And I know. That's why I said Shouldn't it be "Firebird is Mozilla"?

Because it is. Clever isn't it?

apollo2011 said in post #20 :

It is actually amazing that Microsoft has never thought to make IE a tabbed browser even though there biggest competition (Mozilla, Netscape, and Opera) are ALL tabbed!

I think they will soon. When is the next version of Windows coming out?

Apollo: Yes I do. I use and test in every major browser.

ATM & NSX: There will be no new version of IE until Longhorn is released. Apparently the version of LH released in Malaysia is real, but I imagine that it will not be quite as complete as the end product.