Will Man ever become extinct??

Guest Iron Sun 254

Even if it were a closed system to assume that the increase in the number of human beings automatically means that the the system would destroy all human life is absurd. Most likely some feedback would begin to occur and the population would stabilize. Even if some global disaster occurred and 99% of the population were killed there would still be over 60 million people left all who would likely be the ones most able to survive the new paradigm. No, civilization may end but it'll be a long time before man becomes extinct

well, the whole question is answered by "it depends!"

if we stay on this earth, then we will surely die, when the sun 'dies' the first step of that process involves it expanding so much, it will 'swallow' up the earth.

if we move to another planet, we will then be without a sun, so we will need to move to another planet, a suitable distance from the sun, with an atmosphere and all, its unlikely that many of those places exist.

even if we can find another planet, how can we transport a whole planet's civization there?

and then one day the universe may end, we can't stop that!

so really, to me, the answer to the question is, it depends ;)

what time scale is the heat death on?

it must be millions of billions of years?

it would take ages, and if the universe keeps on expanding, then doesnt that interfere with the universe heating up?

well to me the HIV and AIDS epidemic is most likely

I think if it got to the stage where the human population was massively infected by HIV, people might use precautions. Screening sexual partners would negate the risk of the disease spreading.

The answer is yes' date=' we will undoubtably die off.

Even if we live till the end of the universe, I don't see us living through it (the end that is).[/quote']

what makes you think the universe has an end?

Well, relativity has been proven in numerous ways, so I really doubt that it would be wrong. Since the law of conservation of energy has not been proved wrong (I just read an explanation of why it was wrong, but the explanation was flawed hopelessly) and it has also been proved right, I see no reason to believe that either are wrong.

In other words, I think that they are right.

Dear lord, this might be turning into another one of these stupid arguments. ARGH!