Ripping audio off the webcast?

cchea

I ran into a very good webcast (online presentation) and i would very much like to rip the audio only as a mp3 or wave for listening while driving my car.

Does anyone know the free download program to do so or know the way how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

What form is the presentation in? Like is it a powerpoint thing or what.

It may just be easier if you can give a link to the site so that we can look at it. If it's a webpage the directory of the audio file may just be in the source code.

If I dave didn't post that link to rip audio directly from the stream, I wouldv'e downloaded the video to my hard disk, then found a program to rip audio from a mpeg, Avi, or whatever format the original video was from.

What form is the presentation in? Like is it a powerpoint thing or what.

It may just be easier if you can give a link to the site so that we can look at it. If it's a webpage the directory of the audio file may just be in the source code.

From a wonderful website Techonline.com you will find it VERY useful, if you're cs and engineering folks.

It is the regular webcasts of popping dialog that you cannot see the code. I was thinking of turning the speaker on loudly and record it back to microphone and use some program to reduce noise :D ...but Dave gave me this Streamripper...i haven't heard of it before..i'll try it and will be back to inform the result.

Thank you the responses. :)

There is probably an easier way, but I always wired the headphones port of my computer into the microphone port. Make sure that the volume is turned down really low or the quality will be very bad. You can save it to a .wav file using the Windows Sound Recorder. The quality of the sound depends on your computer's audio system.

• 2 weeks later...

What you need to get is a Male to Male Mini-Jack Cable. They are quite cheap. Plug one end into your Headphone Jack and the other into your Mic Jack. You can then record the presentation by opening up Mic-Sound recording program, like the built in Windows Sound Recorder, but I usually use Ulead Video Studio. There are hundreds of programs that can record audio from the Mic Jack though. Just get the cable, the Software, Press Record, Then Play - and you're all good to go :cool: .