Could We Make Things Invisible?

shuttler

well if you could bend light around the object and make it go on its origional course on the other side then it could be done. there light getting bent would take longer than unaffected light so (with the aid of instrumentation) the object could still be detected.

That coat is so stupid. I remember when that first came out. I read about it and was sorely disappointed.

I think it may be possible to make an object that will be invisible when you want it to be, however I don't you can make something that can make a visible object invisible. I don't doubt that anything at all is possible, but I think making something that will make something that is already visible invisible would change the visible object chemically, so it would be tedious.

More specifically, I think you can make a cloth out of a material that you can change the electronic energy of and make it invisible at will (which I'm not saying has been done, I have just thought about it quite a bit and think it's possible). However, wearing that cloth in hopes of making yourself the invisible man will just get you arrested for public nudity.

to make an object invisible you would have to make photons hitting the object be re eimited on the same trajectory with the same energy. this would probably be done with an external device(coat, "stealth" generator a la C&C). this wouldn't change the chemical properties of the object.

• 2 weeks later...

However, wearing that cloth in hopes of making yourself the invisible man will just get you arrested for public nudity.

unless you did it on a nude beach .................................................................................................---------------------------------------------_____________________________________________ 2 shay:cool:

I saw a video of an "invisibility" cloak that was quite impressive. The guy wearing it would stand next to different patterned sections of walls and became transparent. He wasn't invisible as much as he was opaque. Still cool.

I saw a video of an "invisibility" cloak that was quite impressive. The guy wearing it would stand next to different patterned sections of walls and became transparent. He wasn't invisible as much as he was opaque. Still cool.

the army should have somthin like that

great camo and the enemies wouldnt kno what hit them,literally

the army should have somthin like that

great camo and the enemies wouldnt kno what hit them' date='literally[/quote']

They do, or in development at least. I saw it on the discovery channel or something...

I think they were using for swat and domestic law enforcement too (good for hostage situations etc)