Moving wallpaper?

Callipygous

Yeah, you could use a program like Adobe Image Ready, or similiar to make an animated GIF. I expect it would drain you system resources though.

Another thing you can do is to have an animated GIF and set it as a desktop item (not the distinction. You can have a regular background and a desktop item, and that would save a lot of your resources, I think.

It is possible to use a custom .htm webpage as your background, this way you could even have a movie file playing on the desktop, I use this with JavaScript to create interactive background apps such as image rotations / timetable viewer / music player, I even wrote a code that uses AJAX to dynamically fetch images from major wallpaper sites.

Just be sure to create a container <A> tag otherwise your onclick events will not trigger.

Just use a .gif file.

Dak: It can be annoying, but some people like it.

I did have a moving wallpaper but I got rid of it because I thought I could notice the difference it made (ie. the computer was a bit slower when dealing with things on the desktop or when the desktop was partially visible).