can you save outlook express & IE Favorites?

qwerty

hey people,

I'm just about to reboot my whole computer, and i HAVE to save certain internet explorer favorites and outlook express emails. Is there any way to save the IE favorites and emails from outlook express.

Thanks in advance.

hey people' date='

I'm just about to reboot my whole computer, and i HAVE to save certain internet explorer favorites and outlook express emails. Is there any way to save the IE favorites and emails from outlook express.

Thanks in advance.[/quote']

Maybe you could just print them out or write them down :rolleyes: I'm sure the manufacturer's product support section should have some answers on where to find the digital copies on your drive. I'd help but I use Firefox and Thunderbird. With those you only have to find the file "bookmark.html" and the folder called "mail" to make a backup. Maybe you could suggest that MS make things that easy when you contact their support department :eek:

if you're using XP, all mail is stored in c://documents and settings/username/applications/outlookexpress or something like that. If you just burn the directories to a CD you can just put them back when you reinstall. You may also be able to export them, have a look through the menu system.

As for IE favourites I'm not sure it is most likely somethng similar though.

Switch to Firefox, it has better backup features and its all in one file! I think its bookmarks.html...

I hate the way IE stores its favourites, its messy, inefficient and its easy too loose the stuff... :'(

Cheers,

Ryan Jones