Could farts become liquid/solid (I'm being serious)

TWISTEDBroly

There are 4 states of matter, Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma, since a state of matter can go through Solid Liquid and Gas and some plasma, is it possible for farts to turn to fart liquid, or fart solid? Can this also happen to burps? Burp liquid, fart liquid, burp solid, fart solid. The only reason this is not in spam is because I'm being serious.

You would have to catch a fart underwater like in the bathtub and catch the bubbles. Air consists of Carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, so you would have to get a pure fart from underwater, or a burp I guess x.x... However, a fart has bacteria, intestinal gasses, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen, all together the compound is a "Fart." Google says nobody has thought of anythign like this. I suppose it's technically possible. What would it look like? What color would it be? What would happen if you drank liquid fart? If Solid Fart was a soft material could you eat it? What would it taste like then? Would it be a amphorous solid so you could heat it and then eat it if it was not already soft? What would it look like? Would it still stink? What would be it's melting point? What would be it's boiling point? What would its atoms and molecules look like? What would it's freezing point be!

No I don't know much about science so I didn't know where to put this. Post your comments here. I'm being 100% serious so treat it that way.

Um, I think every gas can become a liquid at some temperature and a solid (except for helium - I read that somewhere in someone's sig here).

So, um, to consume it in a liquid state would be the same as drinking liquid nitrogen AKA dry ice, and A Very Bad Idea.

There are 4 states of matter' date=' Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma, since a state of matter can go through Solid Liquid and Gas and some plasma, is it possible for farts to turn to fart liquid, or fart solid? Can this also happen to burps? Burp liquid, fart liquid, burp solid, fart solid. The only reason this is not in spam is because I'm being serious.

You would have to catch a fart underwater like in the bathtub and catch the bubbles. Air consists of Carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, so you would have to get a pure fart from underwater, or a burp I guess x.x... However, a fart has bacteria, intestinal gasses, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen, all together the compound is a "Fart." Google says nobody has thought of anythign like this. I suppose it's technically possible. What would it look like? What color would it be? What would happen if you drank liquid fart? If Solid Fart was a soft material could you eat it? What would it taste like then? Would it be a amphorous solid so you could heat it and then eat it if it was not already soft? What would it look like? Would it still stink? What would be it's melting point? What would be it's boiling point? What would its atoms and molecules look like? What would it's freezing point be!

No I don't know much about science so I didn't know where to put this. Post your comments here. I'm being 100% serious so treat it that way.[/quote']

Yes but then since a fart is a mixture of gases (I suppose varying largely depending on what you ate and the bacterium in your digestive system) it wouldn't have A melting point nor A boiling point, what I mean it would liquefy and solidify over a range of temperatures, rather than at one single set temperature. And it is quite evident that your knowledge of science isn't very ample: the freezing and the melting point is the same. And furthermore, there is no such thing as a "compund" fart, it would be mixture of gases, but not a compound. All the questions you posed also depend, there is no single set composition for a "fart" and anyway, I find you're idea a little... erm... disgusting. But perhaps one day you could carry out an experiment and find out all the answers by yourself. :eek:

But perhaps one day you could carry out an experiment and find out all the answers by yourself.

There's actually someone who studies this. They did a story on him on Discoveries this Week on the Discovery Science Channel in the summer of 2003 I think. My general chemistry teacher played it to my class (this is college) and said, "You see, science can be fun." This woman constantly screwed up Lewis dot structures, did not understand significant figures, and had a lot of difficultly calculating moles, so maybe you can understand the level of my teacher.

Anyway, from what I remember he found that an average person farts 11 times a day with what is of course variable composition. I think he said that it's mainly sulfur compounds though. But it of course depends on your diet.

• 14 years later...

I just farted. My missus reckons its plasma 😐 seriously 

In fact, I just burned the paint off the shorthouse door. 🤣

Correction,shorthouse. 

Shithouse for God's sake. Predictive text humphffff !

It's been estimated that if all of the farts ever produced, including dinosaurs (and boy could they fart!) were collected in an enormous balloon and compressed into collapsed matter at the centre of a star,  then the volume would be roughly 10 to the minus15 mm cubed! It would smell terrible. I don't know what units are used to measure smell but trust me, it would ming! Also, I think that this would be a 5th state of matter.  Please excuse my inability to write the numbers in standard form, It's been quite some time since I was professor of physics at Yale and I've forgotten how. 

Anyone interested in knowing how I made my estimate,  just ask🤣

Edited by Willothwhisp
Scientific interest

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, Willothwhisp said:

I just farted. My missus reckons its plasma 😐 seriously 

In fact, I just burned the paint off the shorthouse door. 🤣

Correction,shorthouse. 

Shithouse for God's sake. Predictive text humphffff !

It's been estimated that if all of the farts ever produced, including dinosaurs (and boy could they fart!) were collected in an enormous balloon and compressed into collapsed matter at the centre of a star,  then the volume would be roughly 10 to the minus15 mm cubed! It would smell terrible. I don't know what units are used to measure smell but trust me, it would ming! Also, I think that this would be a 5th state of matter.  Please excuse my inability to write the numbers in standard form, It's been quite some time since I was professor of physics at Yale and I've forgotten how. 

Anyone interested in knowing how I made my estimate,  just ask🤣

so ummm........ lets just say that this 'plasma' fart did occur, ummm im not aware that you know this but plasma has never in history naturally occurred on this planet so ummmm....... im just gonna suspend my disbelief until i see some proof of this so called 'plasma' fart, if you do get any send it my way though :eek:

1 hour ago, bigchungus34 said:

but plasma has never in history naturally occurred on this planet

I hesitate to perpetuate this thread necromancy, but your comment could not go unremarked. Lightning involves plasma. The ionosphere is, I understand, a plasma, thus plasmas have been present on the Earth, probably from the beginning.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum.

7 hours ago, Area54 said:

I hesitate to perpetuate this thread necromancy, but your comment could not go unremarked. Lightning involves plasma. The ionosphere is, I understand, a plasma, thus plasmas have been present on the Earth, probably from the beginning.

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum.

herm............thanks i guess