Children in War. Anyone see it on HBO?

matter

Watching this documentary really showed me how f'ed up the world is, and what a fucked up species we are. We are so selfish, to bring such horrible violence upon each other and forget all about how it affects everyone. Children were obviously the focus, and I'm not one of those people that screams "what about the children" everytime something bad happens, but it's true. They are the ones that have to live in these countries where war and murder are a part of everyday life and they're just kids. It was so fuckin sad. Mostly it just made me sad to see the horrors we're capable of.

They showed the Hutu's murdering the Tutsi's in Rwanda and it was just - horrifying, thats all I can describe it as. It really made me sick. It's like shakespeare. People are enemies for the stupidest reasons, and they forget allabout what really matters in life.

I didn`t watch that particular program no, but I`ve seen similar :(

and I don`t admiting it`s brought me to tears before now, however unmanly or unscientific an emotion that might be.

but yeah, we`re real phuk ups to each other! and sadly like most things it`s the weak and innocent that suffer 9 times outa 10.

I guess the only positive thing is that some of us recognise it and KNOW that it`s wrong, maybe given time there will be more similar?

If you can`t pray for them to know better, then VOW never to become like them. (and I`m not a Religios man)

Yeah I'm not religious at all either. You question what you're capable of but I don't think I could participate in genocide. I mean a war where you kill soldiers is something different to me. Those wars are just part of life. But how could someone bring themselves to chop up some civilians with their machetes? How can they kill civilian children? They showed the conflict in Israel, and Northern Ireland and Rwanda, and for me what's goin on in Israel and what happened in Rwanda with the Hutu's was the worst. I gotta say it did make me cry a little.

I take it you live In America?

here in Glasgow we have close links to ulster. the political, historical machinations of this feud are well publicised. What ISNT publicised is the fact every paramilitary group now is little more than a drug running, smuggling, armed gang. What also isnt publicised are the massive amounts of donations given to Sinn Fein and other IRA associated groups by American companies.

The terrorist filth may have stopped blowing up large parts of british cities as much but in Ulster there are still knee-cappings, punishment beatings, straightforward shootings, drug wars, crimes in general. it doesnt take a lot to drive people to kill others. Money usually does it quite sufficiently.

Throw in stories about the battle of the Boyne, feuds dating back generations, past acts of genocide and in the end people think blowing up children is a perfectly justifiable act.

Every time I see Gerry Adams on television i feel nothing but hatred. I dont stop and think about his side of the argument, nor the crimes committed against memebrs of Sinn Fein. I just hate the man. Every smug little comment about 'freedom fighters' who blow up Omagh and slaughter innocents to prove a point. Selling T-shirts with 'sniper at work' on them from the Sinn Fein website gloryfying those ...... who killed British soldiers. If this man was shot, I wouldnt care. I wouldnt care his innocent children had lost a father, nor any of his relatives were in mourning. Id just be glad this vile excuse of a man was finally expunged from the face of the earth.

Thats hatred for you.

wow Americans really have become protected.... O_o

killing civilians as such that that is happening can be very strategically helpful, reducing the population of a group also reduces it's support, and persuades people to join your side

and as shown above, it is also out of hatred, some people have a deeply embedded hatred of others and would love nothing more than to force them to watch the brutal torture and killing of their wife and children, right before doing the same to them