need an mp3 modifying program

gib65

Are there any good mp3 modifying programs out there? I'm looking for something that will, at the very least, split mp3s into smaller partitions - that is, take one mp3 file and make 2 out of it, one that consists of the first half of the original, and one that consists of the second. Something similar to "Sound Recorder", a simple wave file manipulator that comes standard with most Windows OS's. I would convert the mp3's to waves and play with those in Sound Recorder, but the particular mp3 I'm dealing with won't convert in any converter program I download. I don't know why. It plays fine and all. Can anyone help me?

Hi,

I like music in the MP3.Because the sound come properly and clear.And You do have to download something to be able to encode for mp3 because of licensing problems but after that it is very easy to use. The information on where to find this mp3 addition is in the help files.

*removed advert - dave*