Nice Weather in the UK

Moonmirror

Low 60s for Denver through Thanksgiving. We've only had one snow that stuck to the ground in the city, tons of snow for skiers in the mountains.

I like your sig, ecoli. I was a huge ELP fan back in high school (when the P in ELP was for Palmer, LPs were groovy and CDs hadn't been dreamed of yet).

I like your sig' date=' ecoli. I was a huge ELP fan back in high school (when the P in ELP was for Palmer, LPs were groovy and CDs hadn't been dreamed of yet).[/quote']

:) I'm a huge fan as well... I rarely listen to them on CD, though, I have most of their LPs.

Yes, well, Whether I'm in the Uk or not, my favorite album would be Trilogy, followed closely by Pictures at an Exhibition.
It would be a cold day in Hell before I'd disagree with you about Trilogy. You may think I'm either balmy or partly cloudy, but I would put Brain Salad Surgery in second place.

Sweet! I don`t mind confessing that I also own that one (only on Vinyl though) I don`t feel so Old now :)

as for weather here, well it`s been little above freezing, yesterday was all fogged out entirely and we couldn`t see the ground (living on the top floor 12-13 th)

the light here reminds me so much of when I was a kid in Canada (memory flashbacks) it`s been a pleasure to stay indoors and cook winter "Comfort Food" and go out for a walk while it`s cooking.

I seriously have No Complaints about it at all :)

It would be a cold day in Hell before I'd disagree with you about Trilogy. You may think I'm either balmy or partly cloudy, but I would put Brain Salad Surgery[/i'] in second place.

Not at all, my friend. HR Giger's cover art alone would convince me to put that one high on my list.

Surprisingly, my least favortie ELP album would be Tarkus - I still thinks it's great, but slightly over rated.

Surprisingly, my least favortie ELP album would be Tarkus - I still thinks it's great, but slightly over rated.
For me, Tarkus is sunny and mild, with the first side being sunny and brilliant, and the flip side too mild and uninteresting (except for Emerson's keyboarding which is NEVER dull). It's almost like they rushed too much of the second side to release the album on time. I usually like Lake's voice and lyrics over his guitar playing, but not on Tarkus' filp side.

But back to the weather, is it hot in here, or is it ELP?

HR Giger's cover art alone would convince me to put that one high on my list.

aha! you learn something new everyday!, I never knew that was Gigers work, now you mention it I`m surprised I didn`t, it has all his "hallmarks" :)

For me' date=' [i']Tarkus[/i] is sunny and mild, with the first side being sunny and brilliant, and the flip side too mild and uninteresting (except for Emerson's keyboarding which is NEVER dull). It's almost like they rushed too much of the second side to release the album on time. I usually like Lake's voice and lyrics over his guitar playing, but not on Tarkus' filp side.

But back to the weather, is it hot in here, or is it ELP?

I have to agree with you about Tarkus... the flip side, especially, I think they were just trying to repeat the same ideas they had already accomplished in Trilogy. Forecast for Tarkus is too similiar as trilogy, a little variety wouldn't hurt. Tarkus, itself, is a fabulous weather... I mean song.

aha! you learn something new everyday!, I never knew that was Gigers work, now you mention it I`m surprised I didn`t, it has all his "hallmarks" :)

And isn't it great to be learnin something useful, for a change?