psp wireless

TheGeek

hi,

if you have a psp and want to surf the web in a wifi area what do you do? It asks for a wap key, how do i get this?(ps. trying to use my school's network)

thanks

pm me if you need anything personal or want to give me something that can't be posted here.

hi, the admin won't tell me what exactly it is. what do i need it for? is there a way to find it out or a program that can connect to the web without it?

If the admin doesn't tell you, it means you're not allowed to use the internet access. It then means that any others you'd come up would break the law.

For my case, I don't have psp (couldn't afford it :-( ) but I usually use my laptop equipped with my wireless card roaming in my library, which uses open authentication. There is no key needed. My card automatically detects the access point (AP) and can automatically establish the connection, or done or manually.

I am not sure about psp, but for WLAN laptop, if they use WEP key, I am sure i can crack the key and gain the access within a day the longest.

• 2 weeks later...

ya takes some time from what Ive heard. I wantoto try to crack into my own netwrk to see what its like. I dont know if they have any homebrew apps to crack a netrwork key, but id imagine it would take forever anyway versus a computer on a psp's weak hardware (not a psp fan, sorry).

Actually, i'd like to ask the thread starter about possessing psp. I am thinking to buy but not sure what more can i do with it? playing game, watch movie, listen to music, see photo, access to internet (how? is there IE version in it?), pretty much it?

no it does not have internet explorer in it. It uses a web browser that sony or some other corporation made. And typing is a pain in the ass just to let you know, but it is a pretty neat feature, having a browser that is.