alcohol and redbull

Are there any negative effects from drinking a mix of red bull and alcohol. I have a couple friends who want to mix the two. I remember learning a few years back that mixing a stimulant and a depressant is unhealthy, however i forget the details. Is this true.

haha so true. But yea mixing any stimulant and depressant puts strain on your heart, its like pressing the break and accelerator in a car at the same time. Although unless your friends have a heart problem or are mixing the two every day in large amounts i wouldn't worry about it.

when I was an undergrad everyone used to drink vodka and redbull. we used to go through tonnes of that stuff. I can't stand the sight of it now.

Anyway, I think that you would probably get severe alcohol poisoning before you had problems from mixing these two drugs. I can't say that is a scientific evaluation - just from personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Or better, pro plus pills. At reading festival i ended up taking 24 in a few hours by absentmindedly poping one every time i felt tired. I ended up getting heart palputations, the shakes and a comedown for a bout 24 hours afterwards. Trust me it wasn't as fun as it sounds.

It's one of those things that are pretty much safe to do for a healthy person. In moderation of course, I don't think I need to point out that any drug is bad in quantity.

However under certain circumstances it may cause a complication for someone with an underlying condition. (even one that they may not be aware of)