no-one answered!

I read the post on Global warming and it asks for an Authoritie's perspective!

i need good hard evidence that the Global Warming is an actual crisis from rigourous data analysis by someone who has been studying this for years and is not bullied around by media scrutiny blowing every little detail out of proportion until no-one knows what the heck they are talking about. Because i need to know where i stand, for all i know no-one knows. let me tell you what i have heard.

Global warming has been going on for 6000 years.

in 100 years the temp is supposed to increase .85 degrees

- this being due to the groud heat/population theorem

Antarctica and many glaciers are growing!

some glaciers are retreating not from warming but a lack of moisture.

Global warming is not a proven theory and is often wrong by over 300%

some places are actually cooling!

the oceans are not rising everywhere

you can see that i am a little confused and i need good refrences (ones where the professors still work at the university and are still welcome to the scientific comunity) because i don't know where i stand and i want the truth not the media.

regards.

I read the post on Global warming and it asks for an Authoritie's perspective!

i need good hard evidence that the Global Warming is an actual crisis from rigourous data analysis by someone who has been studying this for years and is not bullied around by media scrutiny blowing every little detail out of proportion until no-one knows what the heck they are talking about. Because i need to know where i stand' date=' for all i know no-one knows. let me tell you what i have heard.

Global warming has been going on for 6000 years.

in 100 years the temp is supposed to increase .85 degrees

- this being due to the groud heat/population theorem

Antarctica and many glaciers are growing!

some glaciers are retreating not from warming but a lack of moisture.

Global warming is not a proven theory and is often wrong by over 300%

some places are actually cooling!

the oceans are not rising everywhere

you can see that i am a little confused and i need good refrences (ones where the professors still work at the university and are still welcome to the scientific comunity) because i don't know where i stand and i want the truth not the media.

regards.[/quote']

http://www.pewclimate.org/global-warming-in-depth/all_reports/observedimpacts/index.cfm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The rising temperatures were inevitable, we just sped them up, in fact, they've been rising since the end of the last ice age. I'd be more concerned with ozone depletion and the actual biological toxic affects of pollutants.

According to newscientists.com over the last 30 years earth should be cooling down because of natural changes in solar cycles and volcanos.

Global warming and cooling is a natural part of the earth's cycles. The subjective panic helps the media sell soap. The polititians also want attention so they buy into it to get votes. Science buys into it because it means research dollars. The ambiguous results and the gloom and doom scenarios fuel the panic. Inspite of the emporer being naked, the social dynamics has lead to our energy and polution policy improving. Maybe the ends justify the means.

• 2 weeks later...
Global warming and cooling is a natural part of the earth's cycles. The subjective panic helps the media sell soap. The polititians also want attention so they buy into it to get votes. Science buys into it because it means research dollars.

The only thing in the media I've seen on global warming (not including facts) is the movie, The Day After Tomorrow,

Polititians are doing very little about global warming. In fact, the U.S. and Australia completely ignored the Kyoto Protocol.

Science buys into it because it means research dollars.
Is that an opinion or do you have a source?