-shoot them

-blow them up

-squish them

-pour salt on them

-use a hammer

-dunk them in ammonia

-boil them

-eat them

Well my house mate has a black widow (handheld catapult) got seventy go's at getting the neighbours cat...or a wandering seagull.

I like the wd-40 and a lighter suggestion...burn snail, buuuuuuurrrrrn.

Though I'm going to Halfords (UK garage chain) on Monday, to give the ether idea a go. Failing that I'll smash 'em with a guitar to Pantera or something, how does that sound ?

I would go with the killing jar if I had to kill them; it's more euthanasia than murder.

As an aside' date=' how did you get them? Like you said, they're illegal, that's what stopped me from getting a pair.[/quote']

No I said they're illegal in the US to own as pets. In the UK it's illegal to realease them, but they're fine as pets.

No I said they're illegal in the US to own as pets. In the UK it's illegal to realease them, but they're fine as pets.

Oh, okay. I didn't know what country you're in. Still, they sound like cool pets illegally or legally.

I had a school friend who had a similar situation but it was resolved when she came home to find her mum had put them in the freezer. You could always try that but it depends on how attached you are to them. Seeing the frozen corpses of her lovable snails pretty much traumatised her or so she says.

I had a school friend who had a similar situation but it was resolved when she came home to find her mum had put them in the freezer. You could always try that but it depends on how attached you are to them. Seeing the frozen corpses of her lovable snails pretty much traumatised her or so she says.

Hello aj47, this is the recommendation you get on caresheets to stop the eggs from hatching...I should imagine (albeit they are snails), that freezing them after they have hatched is probably quite a lengthy death (please don't tell your friend this) relative to crushing / burning them and some of the other more macabre suggestions that have been posted.

Also I think my house mates would be a little miffed about a load of dead snails parked next to their chicken kievs, despite being in a sealed container. I've been so busy recently that I havn't found the time to carry out the ether option that YT2095 suggested, though if this is not resolved by the weekend I have beers in the fridge, so I'll just get them drunk and seal the container...probably worst ways to go if you're a snail. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.