Will my metal water botter rust?

Bio-Hazard

I've recently decided to take into consideration using a more durable water bottle made out of metal. Of course I'm too cheap to go out and buy a metal canteen I decided to use a bottle that was filled with Snapple Elements Energy drink, but now water.

elements6bv.th.jpg

What I'm wondering is what type of metal this is made out of.. I don't really know what type of metal or anything. I don't even know how long until it rusts out. I do know however that sugars are acids and that acid eats away at metal and that it most likely has a higher pH level than water which is a neutral 7. So I'm guessing it will last longer with water than it would with sugar, but I'm concerened with the open-close system in which air goes in and out. This system could create problems which will eventually speed up the chemical reaction of air with metal making the bottle rust.

So, anyone got any ideas until how long the inside rusts out?

welll, the water bottle is probably aluminium and won't rust.

edit :http://www.ipg.novelis.com/IPG/en/Tools/FAQ/

Aluminum is naturally attractive and resistant to corrosion. Unlike most other metals' date=' it takes care of itself. When exposed to dry or moist air it combines with oxygen to form a tough, transparent, protective oxide coating. In the presence of moisture, aluminum will not rust as will steel but under certain conditions aluminum will water stain. Aluminum and other metals can stain when water is trapped between wraps, sheets or other mating surfaces. If there is no air flow to remove the water, prolonged contact between the water and the metal causes a reaction between the two which results in water stain. [/quote']