SFN Chat Access

insane_alien

I have mIRC so I can only say for that, but you'll want to log onto the server which is blackcobalt (me thinks) and then log onto the SFN channel, may need to use #sfn

But x-chat might be different and I haven't use the server for a while.

There are a few "How to use IRC" threads around which have tutorials for the java applet, mIRC, x-chat and maybe more, so search for that... if not then use the help file for the program.

For X-Chat:

1. Open it up. You should get a "Server List."
  2. Add a new server. It should be irc.blackcobalt.net/6667. Set it to log on to #sfn at startup.
  3. Hit OK.
  4. If it doesn't connect to the server automatically, type /server irc.blackcobalt.net and wait for it to connect. Then type /join #sfn

says i need a file (msvcrt-ruby18.dll) to run it. i can't find this file availble for download over the internet. anybody want to post a link or the actual file itself on here so i can get it.

Which version did you download?

(x-chat >> mIRC)

yes it'd be x-chat2, but do you know which version you grabed from the site?

2.4.5-3 I guess...

It *might* want you to grab For Ruby scripting plugin: Ruby 1.8 (15 MB). If you use custom installation path, adjust it accordingly in plugins/rubyenv.ini. as well, but I don't really know why it would, dave's the guy to answer there... :|