What's the name of this IQ test?

gib65

I did an IQ test a long time ago and I forget what the name of it was. It involved the following tasks (among others):

-Sorting a series of cards with cartoons on them depicting situation, and I was supposed to put them in their most logical order (a series of events that tell a story).

-Answers to general questions that test knowledge and common sense.

-Short-term memory test where I was to repeat a series of numbers spoken to me. Another such test where I was to repeat a series of numbers in the reverse order in which they were spoken to me.

-Arranging together 9 blocks which were half red, half white (separated along the diagonal) such that they matched a 2D shape shown in a booklet (like Tangrams).

There were other tests as well, but I don't recall. Does anyone recognize these tasks as belonging to a specific IQ test?

I did an IQ test a long time ago and I forget what the name of it was. It involved the following tasks (among others):

-Sorting a series of cards with cartoons on them depicting situation' date=' and I was supposed to put them in their most logical order (a series of events that tell a story).

-Short-term memory test where I was to repeat a series of numbers spoken to me. Another such test where I was to repeat a series of numbers in the reverse order in which they were spoken to me.

-Arranging together 9 blocks which were half red, half white (separated along the diagonal) such that they matched a 2D shape shown in a booklet (like Tangrams).

There were other tests as well, but I don't recall. Does anyone recognize these tasks as belonging to a specific IQ test?[/quote']

I did exatly the same test but mine was in scholl for something I don't remember what.

I think it was the Stanford-Binet test... I'm pretty shure it was not the WISC-III :)

I've also had some fun doing the ones online. But back on tpic I think you did the Stanford-Binet test :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Yes, the Stanford-Binet one sounds right. Now, there's one task in particular I'm curious about, the one where the testee tries to match the red/white blocks with an image in a booklet. I believe the aptitude this one is testing is visual imagery (the ability to visualize things in the mind). Is this right? What kind of things would someone scoring high on this aptitude be good at? Drawing? Theory building (in physics or philosophy)? Computer Programming? Have any studies been done on this?

-Sorting a series of cards with cartoons on them depicting situation' date=' and I was supposed to put them in their most logical order (a series of events that tell a story).

There were other tests as well, but I don't recall. Does anyone recognize these tasks as belonging to a specific IQ test?[/quote']

I did a test like that. It was on the memento DVD.

Is this right? What kind of things would someone scoring high on this aptitude be good at? Drawing? Theory building (in physics or philosophy)? Computer Programming? Have any studies been done on this?

It is part of it yes.

There are more than a few types of [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr] some are visual based and some are word and number based but the good ones have a bit of each.

There are also a lot of high intelligence type: some are good at art and some are good with words and some are amazing at numbers :)

So your [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr] does relate to your skills in a major way - you can have a high [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr] and you can be good at one thing or another or even both. Its hard to explain but some people are brilliant at just about everythign!

Make any sence too you?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

"Association" meaning what, like word association or memorizing?

Association... putting one thing with another... such as puting actual blocks with ones pictured in a book.

Although it's not the best word because association is putting two different thigns together (such as a word and object.. table, and an actual table...).

It is part of it yes.

There are more than a few types of [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr] some are visual based and some are word and number based but the good ones have a bit of each.

There are also a lot of high intelligence type: some are good at art and some are good with words and some are amazing at numbers :)

So your [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr] does relate to your skills in a major way - you can have a high [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr] and you can be good at one thing or another or even both. Its hard to explain but some people are brilliant at just about everythign!

Make any sence too you?

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']

IQ can be broken down into many sub-sections... logic, ability to think "differnent," association, etc... You can be good at one and not another, but in general, the scores correlate. Like, if you have a 115 in logic, if you have 85 in association, it signals that something is wrong...

IQ can be broken down into many sub-sections... logic, ability to think "differnent," association, etc... You can be good at one and not another, but in general, the scores correlate. Like, if you have a 115 in logic, if you have 85 in association, it signals that something is wrong...

Thats true but as with everything there are exceptions :)

Those people who have brain damage and still have huge [acr=Intelligence quotient]IQ[/acr]'s are one of them. They can be really and I mean really bad at somethings and then be amazingly good at something else. Those are the main exceptions to this rule but yes generally the results agree with each other :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones