Even more creationist garbage

sickmusic

creationism, evolution, and religions that are 'of intrest' to the pupils should be taught..

those who say God should be left out of the science room as evolution does not deny the existence of God, I disagree with.. its not about denying his existence.. Evolution to many denies the existence of God 'as they know him' (i.e. through scriptures).

I'll give an example.. When I studied science, our head of science at school aggressively tried to convince us that man and ape shared the same ancestor..

Now that rang alarm bells in the heads of the Muslims and Christians in the class,.. as it should.. We've been bought up to believe that God made Man from clay.. the scriptures go into a fair amount of detail on the sequence of events that occured in Gods creation of the Humans and their legacy on planet Earth.

Nowhere in the scriptures does God mention Adams bretheren King kong..

those who say God should be left out of the science room as evolution does not deny the existence of God, I disagree with.. its not about denying his existence.. Evolution to many denies the existence of God 'as they know him' (i.e. through scriptures).

Then perhaps they need to re-evalutate their knowledge of god, to a form that isn't inconsistent with known facts.

I'll give an example.. When I studied science, our head of science at school aggressively tried to convince us that man and ape shared the same ancestor..

You mean the same way the head of geograph aggressively tries to convince you that the earth is round?

There's no "convincing". It's a fact that some are too willfully ignorant to accept.

Nowhere in the scriptures does God mention Adams bretheren King kong..

Neither does it mention plate tectonics. Shall we crusade against the infidels of geology next?

Mokele

Then perhaps they need to re-evalutate their knowledge of god' date=' to a form that isn't inconsistent with known facts.

[/quote']

Well according to most religions.. known facts support their religion.

You mean the same way the head of geograph aggressively tries to convince you that the earth is round?

according to all religions the world is round.

There's no "convincing". It's a fact that some are too willfully ignorant to accept.

Neither does it mention plate tectonics. Shall we crusade against the infidels of geology next?

Mokele

it goes both ways.. to say man shares ancestors with monkeys is not based on fact.. its belief.. according to many; 'false beliefs'.. yep ignorance does go both ways here.

now i don't see how the crusades has any relevance to geology,.. thats an extreme view of God in the science class.

science offers a method by which the universe, and all the beings therein, may be examined to discover the artistry in God's creation,.. thereby communicating it to mankind. Religion, therefore, encourages science, adopting it as a tool by which to study the subtleties of God's creation...

scientific investigations without the consciousness of a God, who created matter and organised it as we perceive it is a waste of time and resources.

Because these religions change their views to support the facts proven by science. An example being evolution to start with. Conclusion: Religions are wrong.

I'm surprised they noticed... if science had not have said so then they'd still say it was flat.

it goes both ways.. to say man shares ancestors with monkeys is not based on fact.. its belief.. according to many false beliefs.. yep ignorance does go both ways here..

No... it is fact! Look at fossils you see a clear evolution and hange in species over time!

Ned I say more to say why the religions point of view should not ever be taught in schools? keep science and religion apart and keep schools and religion appart, you can go to church or whatever to learn about religious nonsence.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

No it is not fact..

what fossils? - like i said in my other post.. there have been over 30 t-rex fossil discoveries but not one fossil discovery that proves mans common ancestory with ape.

science without religion is lame.. investigating Gods creation by denying that God created it, wont get u anywhere.. ur investigation is flawed from the beginning.

No it is not fact..

what fossils? - like i said in my other post.. there have been over 30 t-rex fossil discoveries but not one fossil discovery that proves mans common ancestory with ape.

science without religion is lame.. investigating Gods creation by denying that God created it' date=' wont get u anywhere.. ur investigation is flawed from the beginning.[/quote']

Incorrect. There are fossils of the progression of evolution. And now thanks to modern science we can actually do the progression genetically.

God is not create anything and if religion is so good then why did it cause the dark ages? Big load of good it did humanity there and ofcours all the wars and crucades...

Even if its not proof (Which it is anyway...) then its much more reasonable to believe than god created everything within 6 days of one and other... where is the proof to support that load of crap...?

Religion and creationism should be removed form schools - schools are for fact and not for this rubbish. Religion explains nothing science is explaining more and more thing every day. Did religion ever invent aanyhting of use? if science is so bad then stop using your computers and stop watching TV vecause without sceicne none of those would be... if it were upto religion we would still be in a dark age... Stupid pointless rubbish.

Ryan Jones

No it is not fact..

What constitutes proof? Until you define that, you are free to keep raising the bar as the pile of evidence grows taller. Those that are willing to discuss this with you deserve to know if you are setting the bar unreasonably high; if no amount of evidence will convince you then you aren't in the realm of science. You also are in the vicinity of the fallacy of a false dilemma, because fossil evidence is not the only evidence that links the two.

No it is not fact..

science without religion is lame.. investigating Gods creation by denying that God created it' date=' wont get u anywhere.. ur investigation is flawed from the beginning.[/quote']You are assuming scientific theory is just someone's belief and it's not. Theories are based on thousands of observations and repeatable, falsifiable experiments and hypotheses. They are NOT mere beliefs.

You also use the word "proof" in the 100% meaning of the word. Science is never 100% and always retains a tiny bit of skepticism about every theory.

I agree that "investigating Gods creation by denying that God created it, wont get u anywhere" because it is incorrect logic. Assuming God created everything is your flaw. A better assumption might be that God created the mechanisms whereby natural laws and physics could create what we observe. I don't think science would have any problems with that.

There are no facts supporting creationism. If you feel differently, provide them. And I don't mean argue against evolution; that merely shows that creationism is a feeble theory that can only exist by casting doubt on it's more powerful adversary. If a theory is valid, it must stand on it's own two legs. I want you to present a single scrap of evidence that *unequivocally* supports creationism and *cannot* be interpreted any other way.

Yet some deny an equally obvious and possibly even more important and relevant fact, namely evolution.

it goes both ways.. to say man shares ancestors with monkeys is not based on fact.. its belief.. according to many; 'false beliefs'.. yep ignorance does go both ways here.

Australiopithecus. I win.

Look, see that, it's called *evidence*. Try looking at it some time.

now i don't see how the crusades has any relevance to geology,.. thats an extreme view of God in the science class.

No more extreme that teaching Creationism/ID in science class.

scientific investigations without the consciousness of a God, who created matter and organised it as we perceive it is a waste of time and resources.

So, weren't fond of Galileo, were you?

Evolution does not deny God, nor contradict *any* theologically valid faith. *Any* reputable theologian will tell you this. If you continue to espouse this ridiculous evolution=atheism stance, you *will* be warned for persistent strawman fallacy.

No it is not fact..

I can put fruit flies in a jar, breed them, and kill off all who express a particular allele, resulting in change in allele frequency in time. You could do this too. Science has, many times.

That's evolution. That the process occurs indicates that it is a *factual* observable process. Denying it is like denying gravity. You might not know whether it's superstrings or gravitrons, but the *process* is undeniable.

There are hundred of them, any any google search will turn them up.

Others have thoroughly countered this point. Continue making it and you'll get yet another strawman fallacy warning.

Mokele

creationism' date=' evolution, and religions that are 'of intrest' to the pupils should be taught..

Now that rang alarm bells in the heads of the Muslims and Christians in the class,.. as it should.. We've been bought up to believe that God made Man from clay.. the scriptures go into a fair amount of detail on the sequence of events that occured in Gods creation of the Humans and their legacy on planet Earth.

Nowhere in the scriptures does God mention Adams bretheren King kong..[/quote']

There is a HUGE difference between religion and science.

Science is about finding facts and using them to conduct a theory. A theory is based off all the information we have but is still not 100% sure. Theres no way to prove gravity or the earth goes around the sun, but we are pretty sure of it. And theories can change, maybe the scientists found something new so they use that information to change their theory. Scientists like to keep their minds open to all kinds of possibilities.

Religion is based on books, stories, strong beleifs, and what people have been taught since childhood. Its almost burned into your mind as fact for some people. They don't want to beleive anything else and will never change their ideas or be open minded. Religion goes a long way back. A lot of people died for religion or for speaking out against it. And religion was forced on many people. And back then they didn't have much technology for science like we do today.

Religion is fine to be taught in school if its in a culture class or something. But its no where near close to being science.