Equations for the theories - Where to find them?

RyanJ

Hi there everyone!

Does anyone happen to know where I can find the equations used in theories like string theory? These will probably have to use what so ever too me (I do not yet understand them but someday I may :D) - I'd just like to look at them fopr now and use them later. :)

If anyone knows any internet sites that have them or any books that have them then please let me know :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Hi there everyone!

Does anyone happen to know where I can find the equations used in theories like string theory? These will probably have to use what so ever too me (I do not yet understand them but someday I may :D) - I'd just like to look at them fopr now and use them later. :)

If anyone knows any internet sites that have them or any books that have them then please let me know :)

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']string "theory" has no exact equations. what is your mathematical background? more than likely, you wouldn't be able to understand them if you had them.

@yourdadonapogos: I said I'll understand them at a later time - right now I'd just like to look at them and if possible get a basic idea of what they are saying :)

@Tom Mattson: I'll have a look at that site, thanks for the link!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

i didn't say it didn't have equations, i said it didn't have EXACT equations. the ones they have are approxamate.

But something is better than nothing right?

I'm quite interested in string theory at this point in time and I'm spending a lot of time thinking about it (At the expense of other things I must admit.)

I string / M-Theory still a very active subject in physics today?

Cheers,

Ryan Jones