making HCL

airkyd

Some in this thread require only minimal chemistry knowledge and basic materials to produce Hydrochloric acid. You are probably better off buying this stuff yourself though - its not too expensive and quite easy to get hold off :)

A search of the forum should return more results for you also :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I never could understand why YT went through all the trouble to make HCl... He used Sulphric acid to make it and where I live at least, sulphuric acid is over 2X as expensive as HCl. Maybe he just doesn't have any hardware stores around...

(wee post #100 :))

I never could understand why YT went through all the trouble to make HCl... He used Sulphric acid to make it and where I live at least, sulphuric acid is over 2X as expensive as HCl. Maybe he just doesn't have any hardware stores around...

It is remarkable how the availability of chems varies over different countries in the world. Where I live, HCl and HNO3 are fairly easy to find, H2SO4 is more difficult already. What I understand is that HNO3 is really difficult to obtain in the USA. So, it is quite well understandable that there are places where HCl is hard to find.

For me, for instance, obtaining KClO4 is very hard, while I2 is not that difficult. In the USA it is the other way around, because of fear of meth-making. Over here, laws are VERY strict on pyrotechnics, so a chem as KClO4, which hardly has any uses besides pyro, is hard to obtain.

(wee post #100 :))

Congratulations :) . In fact, not only the quantity counts, but also quality. But the quality of your posts also is worth a congratulation :) .