What's everyones fall schedule?

fafalone

Since alot of us are in college for science or preparing to be in college for science, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's taking:

It's my second year in neuroscience/neurobiology Pre-MSTP, and this semester i'm taking:

Organic Chemistry I / Lab

University Physics (calc-based) II / Lab

Calculus II

Genetics

Neurobiology

... total of 18 credit hours.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to ruin this thread by posting my HIGH SCHOOL schedule.

1- AP Statistics

2- H Anatomy/Physiology

3- AP English 4

4- Economics

5- Calculus III

Both AP physics and Astronomy did not make this year! arg! So I had to settle for two considerably less cool courses (stat, anat/phys)

Here's mine:

Semester 1

Chemistry - General Chem

Comp Sci - Digital Computation & Programming

Math - Calc I

Math - Algebra

Physics - Physics I

Plato & the Roots of Western Philosophy

Semester 2

Mechanical - Engineering Design & Graphical Commun.

Math - Calculus II

Mechanical - Materials Science Fundamentals

Physics - Physics II -- Mechanics

Physics - Physics III

Problems in Philosophy

quack, what school do you go to? (we both live in tx)

looks like a pretty nice schedule to me :)

I wish my high school had such great orginization... fitting bc calc, phys, eng, band, and chem all in the same year... that's unheard of at my school, :P

Yea my schedule is completely immutable. They're all 1-section courses. And the same teacher teaches AP calculus and physics. I couldnt get in everything (AP Biology) but it worked out nicely. I live in Tyler, TX..

Originally posted by Loki

I'm going to ruin this thread by posting my HIGH SCHOOL schedule.

1- AP Statistics

2- H Anatomy/Physiology

3- AP English 4

4- Economics

5- Calculus III

Both AP physics and Astronomy did not make this year! arg! So I had to settle for two considerably less cool courses (stat, anat/phys)

Originally posted by quack

1. Band

2. AP Calculus BC

3. AP Physics

4. US Govt-Economics

5. AP English 4

6. AP Chemistry

7. Academic Decathlon

yep..

What is the AP designation for?

AP classes are basically what all the honor students take. Each AP class prepares you for an AP test, which is given during May. Most U.S. Colleges will give you college credit for passing scores on AP tests.... so AP classes are meant to earn you college credit

Well I feel lame, only taking four subjects, though that's the norm here. Must be a different way of doing things because there's no way I could fit 6 subjects in timetable-wise; subjects average around 6 hrs/week. Anyhoo, taking stats, chemistry, and two genetics subjects.

faf, what's a Pre-MSTP?

Originally posted by Skye

Well I feel lame, only taking four subjects, though that's the norm here. Must be a different way of doing things because there's no way I could fit 6 subjects in timetable-wise; subjects average around 6 hrs/week. Anyhoo, taking stats, chemistry, and two genetics subjects.

faf, what's a Pre-MSTP?

Well, my friend's tutor said 5 courses is really enough; let alone 6. My friend is taking 4 courses too!

Originally posted by fafalone

Medical Scientist Training Program... MD/PhD combined program.

:eek:

You continue to amaze me.

hehe

How'd you find out of such program?

thpp

poor Dudde has no science classes, this is my only science connection left:( and besides I took more science in high school than almost any of the teachers had heard of;) so I figure...eh...I wish my school had science...

schedule now:

Perspective

English (GAH 101 I didn't have money to test out)

Image Manipulation

Fundamentals of Drawing

Fundamentals of Design

the whole stupid schedule is bull crap and each class of those is excrutiatingly easy save for design class

;)

I did Sign Language last year with my wife (still waiting for pass/fail cert) I`de recomend it to anyone, It`s alot cooler than some may think! :)

next year I hope to get into my Chem course to brush up and if that fails like last year (the reason I did sign lang as a backup) Then I`ll go for a Maths cert. ANYTHING to stop the old grey matter from going rusty!

I'm just spending a lot of able time reading and absorbing. I envy ya youngsters and healthy oldsters. When people find out learning is the most fun of all, then life flows naturally from then on.I bought some property for my wife and I when I got disabled so I've been playing archeologist, botonist, and entemologist. It'll keep me busy this year.

Keep studying.

Just aman

here's mine:

Core

Analysis (20%); Foundations (10%); Linear Algebra (10%); 3D Geometry and Motion (15%); Differential Equations A (5%); Probability A (5%); From Geometry to Groups (5%); Mathematics by Computer (5%).

Mathematical Options

Introduction to Geometry (5%); Experimental Mathematics (5%); Probability B (5%); Differential Equations B (5%).

Other Common Options

Programming for Scientists (10%); Functional Programming (10%); Introduction to Quantitative Economics (20%); Introduction to Philosophy (25%); Relativity, Mechanics A & B, Matter, Quantum Phenomena, Astronomy I (5% each); Statistical Laboratory (10%); Games and Decisions (6%); Mathematical Programming I (10%).

That's over the year though, not the first term/semester

dave said in post #20 :

here's mine:

Core

Analysis (20%); Foundations (10%); Linear Algebra (10%); 3D Geometry and Motion (15%); Differential Equations A (5%); Probability A (5%); From Geometry to Groups (5%); Mathematics by Computer (5%).

Mathematical Options

Introduction to Geometry (5%); Experimental Mathematics (5%); Probability B (5%); Differential Equations B (5%).

Other Common Options

Programming for Scientists (10%); Functional Programming (10%); Introduction to Quantitative Economics (20%); Introduction to Philosophy (25%); Relativity, Mechanics A & B, Matter, Quantum Phenomena, Astronomy I (5% each); Statistical Laboratory (10%); Games and Decisions (6%); Mathematical Programming I (10%).

That's over the year though, not the first term/semester

:eek:

What program are you in?

*sniff* *sob* :(

I just had a look through the prospectus from my nearest college, and they`re not running my chem course this year AGAIN, it`s not even listed this year :(

they are running a course called "Science" though??? what`s that all about? it`s only GCSE level, but it beats wasting a year doing nothing. does anyone what a "Science" course actualy entails?

Having thought about it, the core this year takes up 75% (which is quite a lot) so I have that to play around with from the other options.

I think I'll probably end up taking something like 4 maths modules and about 4 physics modules, which'll mean I have another 2 modules to get extra credit from.