Make my shoes brand new

EvoN1020v

Recently I bought a rather expensive white leather shoes for daily wearing. After 3 weeks of wearing it, the white is turning to brownish and there are black marks on it. So do you guys have any suggestion of what chemical solution to use to remove all the dirts, marks, etc off my shoes? Perhaps limestone liquid? I want it to look like I just got it.

:D

Can't you give me some proof? Hope the bleach is not corrosive or it will damage my rather nice shoes.

Well bleach can be quie damaging to organic materials... just put your hand in it and see... JOKING, do not do that :)

Realy I'm not shure what it will do but I know that this stuff can be dangerous to organic materials.

E.G. you bleach a cotton shirt and this shirt will then deteriorate and eventaully rot due to the bleach...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

E.G. you bleach a cotton shirt and this shirt will then deteriorate and eventaully rot due to the bleach...

Are you serious? Then how is it possible that I used bleach to wash my clothes in a washing machine, and the shirts didn't deteriorate or rot like you thought?

Don't you mind to give me an example of organic materials?

Thanks

Are you serious? Then how is it possible that I used bleach to wash my clothes in a washing machine' date=' and the shirts didn't deteriorate or rot like you thought?

Don't you mind to give me an example of organic materials?

Thanks[/quote']

Depends on how concentrated the solution is. I know for a fact that this ahppens because my uncle showed me how to do thoe "hippy" ty=shirts and it involved dipping them into bleach - a few days later the clothes were useless...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

RyanJ, you have no idea what you are tlakign about. MAybe if you bleach a shirt 30 times it may deteriorate, but it doesnt have corrosive properties to shirts thats for sure. I dont know what your bleach contains, but bleach pretty much wont hurt clothes and shoes for that matter.

RyanJ, you have no idea what you are tlakign about. MAybe if you bleach a shirt 30 times it may deteriorate, but it doesnt have corrosive properties to shirts thats for sure. I dont know what your bleach contains, but bleach pretty much wont hurt clothes and shoes for that matter.

Well then either this bleach was super concentrated or something was wrong with the clothes originally (Both I know are possible but were not the case). The clothes did start to rot (breackdown) and the clothes did become useless in a few days... Pieces were falling off them and the like. This only occured where the bleack came into contact with the clothes so if you can explain this then I'd like to hear it... maybe there was something in this bleack brand that did it but I don't know...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

If you're that nervous about bleaching your shoes, you could paint them. I'm dead serious... my girlfriend does it all the time. You have to use water-soluable acrylic paint, available from any art store or even a place like Wal-Mart, if you do a good job and spread the paint thin and evenly you'll have you shoes looking as good as new... and you can even change the color if you want. Once the paint dries, you don't have to worry about rain or getting them wet... they'll just get dirty again, eventually.

Well then either this bleach was super concentrated or something was wrong with the clothes originally (Both I know are possible but were not the case). The clothes did start to rot (breackdown) and the clothes did become useless in a few days... Pieces were falling off them and the like. This only occured where the bleack came into contact with the clothes so if you can explain this then I'd like to hear it... maybe there was something in this bleack brand that did it but I don't know...

so the clothes began to break down instantly or after like how many number of washes?

What kind of leather shoes are we talking about here? Are they upscale walkers or tennis shoes? White bucks? Patent leather?

I wouldn't start with anything as harsh as chemicals or bleach (and guys, bleach for clothes is heavily diluted). Leather is twitchy. Best to start with something mild like a moisturizing soap or a saddle soap. Or try a clean white rubber eraser. Test it on the top of the heel where your pant cuff would cover up any blemish. Better to rub gently for a long time and have it look nice than to bleach it quick and have it look... like bleached leather.

What kind of leather shoes are we talking about here? Are they upscale walkers or tennis shoes? White bucks? Patent leather?

I wouldn't start with anything as harsh as chemicals or bleach. Leather is twitchy. Best to start with something mild like a moisturizing soap or a saddle soap. Or try a clean white rubber eraser. Test it on the top of the heel where your pant cuff would cover up any blemish. Better to rub gently for a long time and have it look nice than to bleach it quick and have it look... like bleached leather.

*cough* acrylic paint *cough*

To provide you some clear image of what my shoe look like, click here for an image of my shoe. I don't think it's exact leather, but the fabrics is very soft. You can see the wrinkles at the front of the shoe. Some dirts would struck in the wrinkles.

they make little pen things and sell them at shoe stores specifically for bleaching your white shoes... i think itll be fine

That could help, because I don't need to buy a huge package of bleach for just a teeny job. (My washer don't use bleach).

Or you guys can be more specific to which kind of bleach and brand I should use to clean my shoes. :cool:

Ok guys. Once apon a time My girlfriend (ex now, ha) bought me a hoodie. Now her beign a girl for some reason bought me a medium.. I like large, im not gonna feel bad and think im fat if sheda got me large.. sigh.. That's a womens thinking for ya. Anyhow. I got pen on it. For some reason nothing would take this pen out, so i dabbed on some bleach. Instantly the pen was gone, but the blue still stayed on the hoodie. I was very happy. So I quickly washed out hoodie. Days later, there was a hole replacingthe pen mark... lol. In short. Yes, bleach deteriorates organics.. But slowly. If you bleach your shoes.. and soak them in water and scrub afterwards, your cool. But if mister ty-shirt dude didnt wash off his bleach good enough, sure, the shirt could have been ruined.. Just my 2 cents..

Interesting... I've never heard of that happening before. I get bleach on my clothes all the time - I use it to kill bacteria at the lab (shit happens). It discolors my clothes, but no holes. I dilute the bleach I use, though... maybe that explains the difference.

Or you guys can be more specific to which kind of bleach and brand I should use to clean my shoes.
I've washed leather tennis shoes in the washing machine before. If you use bleach dilute it greatly. They also make racks for the dryer so your shoes don't get beaten up.
it's fine... I just put it in a bag' date=' lit it on fire and put it on your porch.[/quote']Not your underwear, I meant the ink stain on your wood floor. Did that ever come out?

Btw, the bag burnt but your underwear didn't. Tres révoltant, mon ami.