Athiest...

JC1

Have you proven that God does not exist?

This is a science forum. If you had any understanding of scientific method, you would know it is not possible to prove the non-existence of a thing.

You would also know that any argument for the existence of a thing based on this impossibility is an argument based on the absence of evidence and is therefore pointless.

This being the case, I'm going to remove this thread in a day unless you can provide a more substantial argument.

The irony is excruciating.

JC1' date=' do a search on these forums. You will find numerous threads that have already discussed this.[/quote']

A current one comes to mind: http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=15420

I've given up on this myself, its stupid god has no place in scinece...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

This is a science forum. If you had any understanding of scientific method, you would know it is not possible to prove the non-existence of a thing.

Isn't it Pseudoscience and Metaphysics forum?

You would also know that any argument for the existence of a thing based on this impossibility is an argument based on the absence of evidence and is therefore pointless.

This being the case, I'm going to remove this thread in a day unless you can provide a more substantial argument.

In fact, i would like to ask for arguments from the athiests who go against his existence. From God abidding standpoint, there are overwhelmed evidences for His existence such as pre-scientific foreknowlege, prophesies fulfilled, indestructibility, chronological order as recorded by the Jews... the one nation who in themselves are a miracle by their very existence. Attacked, crushed, banished from their own land and returned.

Therefore, I believe in God. I don't understand when a man who have utmost education in science and mathematic claim that there's no existence of God, Hawking..etc....It' s like a man stepping into a nice home and saw many beautiful things inside it and claim that those things just popped out of nowhere.

I believe in God because inside everyone of us - our mind, our heart, and our soul there's a quest for the ultimate perfection and for the beautiful. We are an image of him, for this reason we search for this ultimate perfection, we're a part of him.

I don't want to go too far about a religion since it will be considered preaching which is not so welcomed in this forum. But i do want the explanation from the athiest standpoint. That's my point which is not pointless, is it?

Liek the poeple have said in this thread thuis has been posted numerous times before and every conclusion has ended the same, neither side would accept they were wrong.

I am an atheist, I think theye is no place in the universe and heres how I see it.

Science for the most part can be exaplained but its convenient that god can't be proven or disproven in any manor.

Religion changes its ideas as science dissproves the old ones, a great example is the evolution of man, if everything on Earth was created within 6 days then why are ther no fossils of people with dinosaurs? Evolution was proven and the bible was wrong, the religions then changed their view to allow evolution and instead said it was influenced by god. Antyone notice a change there?

The only evidence for any ogd is religion, the bible contradicts its self in numerous places and if it were still upto religion we would still be in the dark ages where science and learning were outlawed.

Religions cant even agree what gos is so why should anyone else even think twice about it?

The way I see it the universe has no need for a creator, if god is here then who created god? We can just skip this and say it was always here but then why can;t we just say the unoverse and the matter where always here in some shape or form? And there lies the problem.

For me there if no god, god is an element ceated in peoples minds, no more real than a dream is. I may go to hell but I don't care - I stick with my beliefs. If religion cna ever be proven correct (And Id really like to see this... odds are against it) then I would accept it but untill then no chance.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Have you proven that the easter bunny does not exist? Or how about Santa Claus? The tooth fairy, leprechauns, gnomes, elves, unicorns, vampires, werewolves, mermaids, big foot, or the lochness monster?? Prove that they don't exist, until then i beleive they are all real.

Isn't it Pseudoscience and Metaphysics forum?

True, but that doesn't give carte blanche for illogical argument and pointless statements.

In fact, i would like to ask for arguments from the athiests who go against his existence. From God abidding standpoint, there are overwhelmed evidences for His existence such as pre-scientific foreknowlege, prophesies fulfilled, indestructibility, chronological order as recorded by the Jews... the one nation who in themselves are a miracle by their very existence. Attacked, crushed, banished from their own land and returned.

And from a scientific standpoint, none of this constitutes evidence for God.

Therefore, I believe in God. I don't understand when a man who have utmost education in science and mathematic claim that there's no existence of God, Hawking..etc....
Because these people rely on evidence.

It' s like a man stepping into a nice home and saw many beautiful things inside it and claim that those things just popped out of nowhere.
Not really. There are usually maker's stamps and receipts for those beautiful things. The origin of coffee tables is not really a point of contention.

I believe in God because inside everyone of us - our mind, our heart, and our soul there's a quest for the ultimate perfection and for the beautiful. We are an image of him, for this reason we search for this ultimate perfection, we're a part of him.
Good for you. I don't challenge your faith. I hope it gives you support and comfort, but as others have said, there is nothing in this thread that hasn't already been covered on these fora, so, unless you have anything new to add?

I don't want to go too far about a religion since it will be considered preaching which is not so welcomed in this forum. But i do want the explanation from the athiest standpoint. That's my point which is not pointless, is it?
I presume to speak for others here, but I believe the general atheist explanation is that there is no evidence for God. Quite simple really.

Have you proven that God does not exist?

For me it isn't so much if God exists, it is what is God? If I think God is the universe and all content within, no intelligence, no smiting, no jealousy, no love, just energy and matter, then "proof" for the existence of my God is right before your eyes.

I have proof for my God, you have none. I win!! :)

For me it isn't so much if God exists' date=' it is what is God? If I think God is the universe and all content within, no intelligence, no smiting, no jealousy, no love, just energy and matter, then "proof" for the existence of my God is right before your eyes.

I have proof for my God, you have none. I win!! :)[/quote']

Where? proof is an undeniable fact and I have never seen one that either points too or says that god exists. What you said there its not proof as you can't say "That rock over there is god" without actually ptoving how.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Where? proof is an undeniable fact and I have never seen one that either points too or says that god exists. What you said there its not proof as you can't say "That rock over there is god" without actually ptoving how.

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']

Well, my post was tongue-in-cheek, but if I define my God as the universe, much like you define your religion as science, then I don't have to prove anything really. Universe is my God, my religion is the attempt to understand said God, science is my religion! :)

Well, my post was tongue-in-cheek, but if I define my God as the universe, much like you define your religion as science, then I don't have to prove anything really. Universe is my God, my religion is the attempt to understand said God, science is my religion! :)

Untill I get proof god exists in any way shape or form I believe that the only time the word god should be used in science is along with the words does not exist.

Thats just me though - I feel religion and god in any way shape or form provide nothing to humanity and so should be promptly removed.

Ryan Jones

Untill I get proof god exists in any way shape or form I believe that the only time the word god should be used in science is along with the words does not exist[/b'].
How would that be scientific?!? Science is by nessesity agnostic.

How would that be scientific?!? Science is by nessesity agnostic.

Science required proof or atleast the most logical explination of things and god does not explain that... Its my belief - I'll respect other peoples point of view but I will not pretend to believe god exists.

Ryan Jones