Space travel

Guest SWL

Gregory Olsen just got down. He spent 21 million dollars on the trip as well as 1500 hours of training beforehand. 10 days in space. This is what happens when you are rich.

Maybe when I'm his age space travelling would be as common as travelling by airplanes right now - extremely slim chance, but one can hope...

We're travelling in space right now, on a 6x10^24 kg vehicle with air con. :P

Seriously though, I'd agree with Thing - space travel for the common man, or any sort of serious exploration, isn't gonna happen till society's straightened out down on earth. This is the clichéd "less money spent on killing each oter" argument:

http://www.costofwar.com/

Maybe when I'm his age space travelling would be as common as travelling by airplanes right now - extremely slim chance' date=' but one can hope...[/quote']

Its not a maybe. There is quite a high chance of it ...

But it also depends how old he is ! How old is he ?

Anything outside the Solar System is probably out of the question for the forseeable future because of the distances involved and the limitation of light speed as the upper limit of velocity.

If humankind ever gets to the point that we can travel faster than light speed, then perhaps, but for the present, we will have to content ourselves with our own little system.