Gravity Drive

lxxvii24

Has anybody here heard of a the GRAVITY DRIVE. What is the shortest distance betwwen any two points?

Answer = 0.

THe shortest distance between any two points is 0 , if u fold it together.

My question is , is it possible to create a black through a ship travels through, there by travelling faster than light.

Has anybody here heard of a the GRAVITY DRIVE. What is the shortest distance betwwen any two points?

Answer = 0.

THe shortest distance between any two points is 0 ' date=' if u fold it together.

My question is , is it possible to create a black through a ship travels through, there by travelling faster than light.[/quote']

What you're referring to is known as a wormhole, and although they theoretically could exist, we don't know if they do exist, or if there is any way for man to create them if they do, or what effects they would have on anything moving through them, etc.

I think its safe to say we wont be travelling through wormholes any time soon.

If you mean "is it possible to create a black hole a ship travels through", then you're referring to a wormhole, which may or may not be possible. You wouldn't be travelling faster than light because, as you said, the wormhole would consist of linked points in space so you'd just travel through it at slower-than-light speeds.

It wouldn't be easy, though. Creating a wormhole large enough to take a ship through would likely take a lot of energy, and chances are you'd have to carry one end of the wormhole to its eventual destination at slower-than-light speeds, and there would be other considerations to take into account with the wormhole placement to avoid violations of causality... So there'd be a lot of preparation involved. It's very unlikely you could just "induce" a wormhole to a remote destination at will.

Edit: Oh, and another thing, remember you'd be travelling through a black hole in any case, so if it's possible to create some type of black hole with a region through which a ship can travel, the trip is going to be very gravitationally turbulent if not completely lethal, and would require some very skilled piloting (although, admittedly, if we're at the level where can create macroscopic wormholes, piloting is unlikely to be much of a problem).

i read once( yeah i know that this isn't the best way to start) that the energies required to create a wormhole are the equivalent of getting a loop of neutron star matter 1m thick around the sun at a distance of 1 AU then spinning that ring till is tangental velovity is 0.999 c